Soak city Reservations on longer required

chuck norris

The most irritating thing is that was true yesterday. They pulled the reservations without notifying anyone that made the reservations and were already at the park expecting a smaller crowd and potentially safer visit.

Cedar Fair has just **** the bed this entire year with providing information to just about anyone.

This is getting very quickly to where I'm considering cancelling my passes after 8 years of having one. Between Camp Cedar, park closing hour changes, the reservation system changes, the park having signs up telling you information that isn't true anymore. How much more can they simply fail to update their customers. As KingDingDong had said in another thread, "they should they care, they already have your money". I feel the only recourse here is to stop giving them my money.

Maybe it's time I change up the pace and start going to Coney Island

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stoan said:

The most irritating thing is that was true yesterday. They pulled the reservations without notifying anyone that made the reservations and were already at the park expecting a smaller crowd and potentially safer visit.

Cedar Fair has just **** the bed this entire year with providing information to just about anyone.

This is getting very quickly to where I'm considering cancelling my passes after 8 years of having one. Between Camp Cedar, park closing hour changes, the reservation system changes, the park having signs up telling you information that isn't true anymore. How much more can they simply fail to update their customers. As KingDingDong had said in another thread, "they should they care, they already have your money". I feel the only recourse here is to stop giving them my money.

Maybe it's time I change up the pace and start going to Coney Island

Remember that CF doesn't physically own Camp Cedar so they really aren't at fault for that. I'm sure they are just as frustrated about Camp Cedar as we are. However, I do agree that they should've at least posted on their social medias yesterday about reservations not being required for Soak City yesterday before they opened. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coaster sally said:

heat index of 100 today, had reservations for today.  Now it's a free for all.  I will be staying home!

Let’s not act like this is anything new. In 2019 when most people bought their season passes, Soak City was a free for all every day. People enjoyed the reservations this year because Soak City was less crowded, but now we are back to normal crowded days. I agree that Kings Island should have given people a notice yesterday that reservations were being dropped, though, but it probably would have encouraged more people to show up. Ideally, they would give a notice like a week or two out saying reservations are no longer required after a certain date. Kings Island was probably eager to drop the reservations as soon as possible.

Also, this is still a year like no other. While the pandemic may be subsiding, the effects are still being felt from it. Camp Cedar is out of Kings Island’s control, the staffing shortages were out of Kings Island’s control, and the reservations were likely never going to be permanent. If we give credit where credit is due, Kings Island has resolved their staffing issues and Kings Island has brought back their late closings. How many other amusement parks are open until 10:00 PM every night? Cedar Point and Kings Island are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

It would have been nice to know yesterday that they quit I was expecting a little less chaos because we had to all make reservations when we planned it.   It was ok the lines dropped about 530 for food so the hubs and kid ate before we left. They really need to put in another large changing/restroom building maybe between the little kid and the walk to the lazy River if they want these crowds they need more restrooms and changing facilities.  Otherwise we enjoy the wave pool and such. 

6 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Remember that CF doesn't physically own Camp Cedar so they really aren't at fault for that. I'm sure they are just as frustrated about Camp Cedar as we are. However, I do agree that they should've at least posted on their social medias yesterday about reservations not being required for Soak City yesterday before they opened. 

They aren't at fault for the delays, but as the managing company they are responsible for notifying the potential customers. They had to have known it was behind weeks if not months before hand and waited until nearly the weekend of the original opening before they told anyone. Twice.

If you don't know, you don't know that's fine, but the last month or so of a new place opening your should be training and doing final details and running soft openings with employees and families of employees. Two weeks before before opening there is still major construction, the gates are locked same most of the buildings are still being put together. They knew it was going to miss the date and sat on their thumbs.

This is the issue I have this entire season so far. Pulling the reservations yesterday I doubt was a last minute "hey let's do this thing", they knew, they sat, they messed up everyone's plans.

What makes this whole thing worse to add a cherry on top? They either did decide last minute and didn't have the staff to cover 3x or more visitors that showed, or they did know and scheduled it which means telling the employees a week or more in advance, OR they knew and didn't tell the employees or the guests and just clustered the entire thing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stoan said:

They aren't at fault for the delays, but as the managing company they are responsible for notifying the potential customers. They had to have known it was behind weeks if not months before hand and waited until nearly the weekend of the original opening before they told anyone. Twice.

If you don't know, you don't know that's fine, but the last month or so of a new place opening your should be training and doing final details and running soft openings with employees and families of employees. Two weeks before before opening there is still major construction, the gates are locked same most of the buildings are still being put together. They knew it was going to miss the date and sat on their thumbs.

This is the issue I have this entire season so far. Pulling the reservations yesterday I doubt was a last minute "hey let's do this thing", they knew, they sat, they messed up everyone's plans.

What makes this whole thing worse to add a cherry on top? They either did decide last minute and didn't have the staff to cover 3x or more visitors that showed, or they did know and scheduled it which means telling the employees a week or more in advance, OR they knew and didn't tell the employees or the guests and just clustered the entire thing.

I’m not sure if I agree. With Camp Cedar, for all we know we found out when KI did. They just manage it, they aren’t responsible for the other end. It’s quite possible that they held their cards too close, but unless we find out otherwise we need to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Likewise, I think they set a threshold of staffing and as soon as they hit it they pulled the trigger. For every person who is upset because the water park will be more crowded, there are 10 that are happy that they get the opportunity to go. Although there are benefits to the reservation system, for most people it sucks. They did it out of necessity. They did the right thing by making the decision as quickly as they did. 

• Like 2