Will PKI Get A 4D?

ArrowOwnzU

PKI has never had a B&M or Intamin coaster, but PKI has had a great relationship with Arrow. Also, PKI like record breaking rides and new and innovative rides. Who's to say that PKI will not stick with going B&M and Intamin free by going with an Arrow 4th Dimensional coaster? For all of you who say that the 4D is unreliable, well that really isn't the case anymore since Arrow has been working out all of the flaws. They even have a launching version of the 4D. Now if they could do that thne they could get the regular 4D worked out. Do you think PKI will see a 4D in the future?

Well, as you know, Arrow went under and was bought out by S&S. I wouldn't doubt it if PKI got some kind of version of a 4D since the prototype has already been built and they can learn from the mistakes of the past. I'm not sure about a 4d being launched. I've never heard that before, but I guess they could mix Arrow's 4D technology and S&S Air Launch technology and make something amazing.

**Moving topic to Battle Room, it will have a better home there.

Hypersonic 4d?

Impossible for a launched 4D coaster it would hurt every one on the ride, it's

structurely unstable i think a regular 4D would be nice. :cowboy:

A launched 4D is more than possible. S&S and Arrow are already working on one with lighter 4D trains. The track is also different with only one guiderail in between the two other rails. Where did you get that it's unstable? I bet you don't know a thing about stability with roller coasters. I'm not saying that PKI will get a launched 4D, but I think it's possible for them to get a regular 4D. PKI was supposed to get the first ArrowBatic but that deal fell through. Now I think it's time for PKI to get the second 4D.

Hypersonic 4d?

Impossible for a launched 4D coaster it would hurt every one on the ride, it's

structurely unstable i think a regular 4D would be nice. :cowboy:

A launched 4D is more than possible. S&S and Arrow are already working on one with lighter 4D trains. The track is also different with only one guiderail in between the two other rails. Where did you get that it's unstable? I bet you don't know a thing about stability with roller coasters. I'm not saying that PKI will get a launched 4D, but I think it's possible for them to get a regular 4D. PKI was supposed to get the first ArrowBatic but that deal fell through. Now I think it's time for PKI to get the second 4D.

Isn't the ArrowBatic the type of coaster with the train sitting between rails which parallel to the sides of the train?

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it kind of looked like a little airplane in which the two rails of the track would go through the "wings" of the plane. The point of the design, besides being original, was so it could easily do barrel rolls at any point during the course of the ride. From what I understand, they scrapped the idea since they couldn't find a way to load and unload people.

ArrowOwnzU, if you have more info on this, you're more than welcome to start a thread in the Discussion section.

Thanks,

Ryan

Isn't the ArrowBatic the type of coaster with the train sitting between rails which parallel to the sides of the train?

What your thinking of isn't the ArrowBATic. The Arrow Pipeline coaster is what you described. Arrow actually built a prototype, but the ride was too rough to sell to a park at that time. The only problem with the prototype was the loading of the coaster and the weight of the trains. The coaster was abandoned but after about a year later Arrow worked wit Alton Towers to produce the first Arrow Pipeline coaster. After Alton Towers saw the B&M invert they abandoned the coaster and decided to build Nemesis.

Now the ArrowBATic is basically an inverted mad mouse coaster gone completely wild. The ride has 90 degree hills and even inversions. That is something no other mad mouse can offer. Sadly, no one has bought into this concept.

• 3 weeks later...

I could see this happening if it runs a little better than the X coaster at SFMM. Yes, reliability is an issue because X is closed one day every week for maintenance. It doesn't hurt SF as much because they are a year round park whereas PKI is seasonal. They can't afford any downtime. Rickster, that was pretty funny. Hypersonic 4D. It flips you at 80 mph. :wacko: But, why are you anti-s&s? I love the Power Tower at CP. You'll find their towers all over the place. I personally like them better than the Intamin Drop Towers. Plus, with s&s, you can get multiple towers with two different experiences.

Eh im not that anti s&s i just like making jokes heh. Im sure in the b&m and vekoma warehouse there are plan's for a 4d aswell. B&M and sometimes vekoma tend to let other companies do the prototype work for them. B&M just recently started flyers and that was after those had been proven reliable. I think we will see the same with a 4d. They might not explode like flyer's or the stand-up phase. I do think they have the potential to but I dont see it happening. Another thing coasters are rough alot of times cause of who takes care of them. Six Flags isnt the best place to place a prototype ride imo. There are plenty of b&m's that are rough at six flags when the prototypes of those are perfectly fine. (maby mantis vs. chang?) I think if X was in a better park it would be doing alot better. Maby not up to par with hopes of it and maby not even being sucessful but it still would be doing better.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they built a 4D. PKI is all about building unique rides. Remember The Bat? Delirium? FOF? Screamin' Demon? TR:TR? All were one-of-a-kind when first built. Well, FOF was two-of-a-kind, but you know what I mean. :)

I have a problem seeing them build a B&M or Intamin hyper. Something so... standard... just wouldn't fit. Besides, they already have a hyper.

But I digress. Whatever their next coaster is, it'll be good. ;)

Although PKI does seem to be committed to being new and innovative, they still don't have a steel hyper. B&Ms and Intamins are relatively "standardized" in a way, but there's no telling what they could have on the drawing boards for PKI if the park opted to do business with them. I mean, Arrows could be considered standaredized, but they also made the 4d...

• 1 month later...

Realy I dont even want to see a 4D a Kings Island but if they put one in I guess I could be happy with it. Why PKI won't get a B&M. B&M is one the largest rollercoaster manufactors out there and they all so have the highest price tag for what you get. Any PKI can't not afford to put in a mega ride after a mega ride because it's is not open year around. I guess it is open six or 7 monthes of the year compared to universal and six flags magic mountain 12 months a year.

• 2 months later...

Any PKI can't not afford to put in a mega ride after a mega ride because it's is not open year around.

This is so not true. If it was, why would they make million dollar investments and improvements every year. And, Cedar Point is only seasonal as well and has managed to make huge capital improvements every year too.

Personally, I'd love to see a 4D at PKI, but not next year. I think we'll be seeing some sort of intamin hyper coaster, like Superman: Ride of Steel. I think it'd be cool though if in the next few years PKI invested in B&M's first 4D.

Yes, reliability is an issue because X is closed one day every week for maintenance. It doesn't hurt SF as much because they are a year round park whereas PKI is seasonal. They can't afford any downtime

I don't diagree with what you said, but, SFMM has always had the reputation of not maintaining their rides. If PKI were to consider a 4-D, it would either be an improvment of what X is, or the downtime that SFMM takes once per week would be worked on overnight as opposed to shutting it down for a whole day.

And, PKI has worked with the Philadelphia Toboggan Company before, and Intamin, and Huss, and Arrow, and Premier. So, there's really know way of knowing whom they will utilize in the future based on history with these companies.