Just an ordinary day on a carnival ride

I will say this has nothing to do with the manufacturer. It is the carnival runners fault. All their fault. They probably didn’t take the proper precautions to keep the ride running properly. That is absolutely horrible though, feel real bad for the people involved but happy that everyone is safe.

This is why you should never never EVER go on the rides at these carnivals/fairs. Of course the carnies are going to cut corners anyway they can.

This applies to any fair, a small one all the way to something like the Ohio State Fair or CNE.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 2:00 AM, MisterSG1 said:

This is why you should never never EVER go on the rides at these carnivals/fairs. Of course the carnies are going to cut corners anyway they can.

This applies to any fair, a small one all the way to something like the Ohio State Fair or CNE.

The ride operater for our county fair allowed us as teens (14-15yos) help with setup and teardownwith the ride ops, paid cash, and we got to know carnies so free rides. It was awesome back then cause I like seeing how things work, but thinking about it now they probably weren't concerned with safety if they let us do it.

• Like 1

I feel nostalgic though. I rode so many carni-rides as a kid, and lived to tell the story. They're basically gone now. The local fair isn't the same, the spring carnival is gone. For some of us our first Tilt-a-Whirl, Ferris Wheel, Gravity-Sucking-Spinning-Thing (TM), was at the local carnival. My kids have missed all that, for better or worse.