How much longer for Congo Falls?

Hawaiian Coasters 325

20 hours ago, johnjniehaus said:

I don't think the long term plan was to allow Vortex site to sit this long. For example whatever plans they had were probably totally changed by the pandemic and the TTD accident that forced millions to be spent on Cedar Point and I'm sure they are liable in whatever lawsuits were filed against them as well. However, I really do hope they can put a bandaid on Invertigo and congo falls until they are in the position to replace them. Actually if they were to be forced to remove them, I'd prefer to see the new coaster be put in their spot immediately. (I've actually gotten kind of use to seeing the empty field in the back of Coney mall and if they've waited this long, they can tear down and build a replacement for Invertigo and congo before addressing The Vortex plot. Besides the drones are a nice touch to the fireworks and the launch pad for them is in The Vortex station area currently) All I'm saying is if Invertigo and congo lifespan can't be prolonged I would prefer that they are immediately replaced instead of them filling an area in the back of the park first and leaving us with a new vacant location right in the front of the park where everyone coming in with be welcomed with a big plot of nothing 

I 100% agree. The area has already been empty for so long I wouldn’t mind waiting longer. I would rather see a new coaster go to Action Zone along with a retheme of the area. Maybe theme it to like Haunted Hill or something. Banshee and Bat already fit that theme. Drop Tower and Delirium could easily be re themed with the area as well. They could also get a package deal with Zamperla and get a Lighting Launch with a NebulaZ in the area. This would all happen with the removal of Invertigo and Congo Falls. 

• Like 1

I've said this before but the last thing I want to see is two empty lots to stare at for a few years in AZ like we have in The Vortex spot.  Hopefully they both can be replaced as a planned project to fully update the AZ area.  I have been happy with the Adventure Port updates this year and Camp Snoopy next year.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I would love to see them keep Congo even if they got rid of Invertigo.  If they could get creative with the land around the area they could potentially put something like Copperhead Strike.  Regardless Action Zone needs a lot of love.

It seems possible to just take out Invertigo and have an out-and-back style coaster that utilizes the land between Action Zone and the parking lot.

• Like 4

Congo falls is a bit long in the tooth. They should remove it and start fresh with a ground up flume ride in The Vortex plot. Name it Kenton’s Cove Keelboat Canal and have it tie into Rivertown.

IMG_3320.jpeg

• Like 3

On 8/30/2023 at 10:38 PM, WoodVengeance said:

It seems possible to just take out Invertigo and have an out-and-back style coaster that utilizes the land between Action Zone and the parking lot.

Invertigo or any other attraction’s closure might be announced on September 27th if they decide to close anything. Firehawk and Vortex closures were both announced September 27th. 

On 8/30/2023 at 11:05 PM, Tr0y said:

Congo falls is a bit long in the tooth. They should remove it and start fresh with a ground up flume ride in The Vortex plot. Name it Kenton’s Cove Keelboat Canal and have it tie into Rivertown.

IMG_3320.jpeg

That's a good idea, but it would be even better to do this without removing Congo Falls.

Four water rides is not too many, (It wasn't when the old KCKC was around anyway), and Congo is quite a distance from The Vortex plot so there's probably room for both.

They could put the new KCKC about where the old one was if they just take down the ugly, tan box.

A somewhat smaller Swan Lake (2.0) could be a nice move for this land as well since it would be visible from a lot of midway.

• Like 1

I think a big key to whatever they do with Invertigo and Congo Falls is whatever their long-term plan is for Action Zone. The area needs a retheme desperately; it's a holdover from the Paramount days that just feels like a hodgepodge. But I also think a huge key to THAT is whatever ends up happening with Timberwolf. It looked last year like there was still life left there; this year, it's kind of back to a ghost down except for random Christian music festivals and sporadic concerts. 

If they keep Timberwolf, I think they need to find some way to turn it into a destination, one that possibly offers more for people who aren't at the park. In that case, tear out Invertigo and Congo Falls, change it so that those are outside-of-the-park areas and make it a nice Timberwolf entry plaza, perhaps with a nice sit-down restaurant and bar. If Timberwolf stays, I think Action Zone should get a refresh, and part of that means pulling out Congo Falls and Invertigo which, IMO, just look ramshackle and off the shelf. I don't really care if they put another coaster there -- I'm 44 and starting to hit the age where I appreciate more than a good coaster --- but I wouldn't be opposed. But overall, just something to make that area of the park more of a destination -- right now there's Delirium and Banshee, and I could get behind a retheme that makes it a bit of a spookier-themed area of the park (maybe close Boo Blasters and do a new dark ride on the CF/Invertigo plot).  

• 3 weeks later...