When was security (metal detectors) introduced to KI/Chain?

MisterSG1

I’m wondering this in light of negative events at other theme parks.

At Canada’s Wonderland in 2003, there was a shooting in the parking lot on Mother’s Day over a drug deal or something. But after that incident, Wonderland introduced random wand checks after guests walked through the turnstiles.

Later that summer they had introduced metal detectors that surrounded the whole front gate area. (KI had the same when I visited in 2004) Sometime later on, in 2007 or so, these metal detectors were moved to the current spot of right before the admissions associate.

Wonderland also beefed up security in the parking lot by introducing emergency alarm buttons that I usually associate with university campuses.

My question is, did KI introduce metal detectors around the same time, and how about CF at the time, what was their policy. As we were Paramount Parks at the time.

Nope, Paramount added them at KI in early 2000's partly in response to 9/11 events.  Then at some point they were removed, brought back again, removed, then spot checks, and then brought back "permanent" around 2017 season.  Or something like that LOL.  The original ones were more "permanent" looking than the current edition.

Here are some older threads confirming they have been here more than the past few years and at least back to 2003...

• Like 1

Basically 9/11 caused many places to put in these metal detectors. Then later on they started to phase out (KI got rid of the original ones in 2012) and then they brought them back following mass shootings in 2016. Basically, the mass shootings gave a lot of these places a wake up call from 9/11. I honestly think the metal detectors aren't a bad thing at all. It makes me feel a lot safer tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Basically 9/11 caused many places to put in these metal detectors. Then later on they started to phase out (KI got rid of the original ones in 2012) and then they brought them back following mass shootings in 2016. Basically, the mass shootings gave a lot of these places a wake up call from 9/11. I honestly think the metal detectors aren't a bad thing at all. It makes me feel a lot safer tbh. 

I’ve always been just annoyed by them. Until this year.