What would an Intamin coaster do for KI?

SonofBaconator

I was at CP last week.  though a vast majority of the general public has no idea who makes what coaster...for those that do would have seen Gate Keeper testing on Tuesday (but no guest ever were on that I saw) and listed as down on Thursday (not sure about Wednesday we were in the water park.)  Meanwhile, Dragster was down both tuesday and wednesday (obviously visible from the water park) and testing about noonish on tuesday then giving rides 30 min or so later.  At the other end of the park, on both Tuesday and thursday (and from what I observed on Wednesday while walking from our cabin to the waterpark) Steel Vengance was late to open.  3 rides, 3 different manufacturers, none running full steam all day, every day.

Maverick was a ton of fun...something like that in Vortex's space would be well received.  Not sure about the maintenance on that vs other intamen's but a fun ride none the less.  Seemed to be running (sans rain delays) all day both Tuesday and Thursday (and presumably Wednesday).  Back to my 1st point however, the general public isn't going to care who makes the ride, so long as its fun and reliable.  A mack multi launch would be equally well received, and given CF's history with Intamen, a more likely addition.  I'm guessing if one were built at KI, you'd overhear more than once someone in line telling someone else "yeah, this is just like Maverick up at Cedar Point"

• Like 1

While I think that Intamin would bring a little more intensity to the KI mix, I would also expect Mack or Gerstlauer to be the next provider.  Intamin has so many options and I would love to see something like Kondaa in Vortex's spot.  A blitz coaster would be fun as well including a multi-launch coaster like Taron.  From a park perspective, it would round out some of the offerings that Kings Island has.  

• Like 1

I just think it would give the park some much needed intensity. CP has multiple intense rides. KD has TT and i305. Carowinds doesn't have anything crazy intense but I could see the argument for Fury (even if forces wise it isn't any more intense than Orion). I think our park could really use something intense.

That intensity gap is definitely a gap the park still has and I think it would really solidify our lineup.

• Like 1