Winterfest preparations have begun?

BoddaH1994

32 minutes ago, guy1115 said:

It's likely the right timing, especially for areas that may be used as part of Haunt.  Remember the candy cane trusses go up for Haunt.

Yes, they do! I remember walking through Backwoods Bayou prior to Winterfest one year and yelling "Merry Christmas" to everyone who tried to scare me lol

Some of the lights were likely left overs from 2019 Winterfest (assume when the pandemic hit in March 2020, work stopped on taking what was left down as some were just left in place).  Look closely at the huge evergreens by Adventure Express entrance and in the beer garden that are still strung with their white lights.  Also, if you look closely, several trees in the grassy area behind stunt coaster they also still have their white lights strung in their trees.  Last Saturday around noon, there was a cord strung across the bricks in Tower Gardens turning on the red/white on several of the wrapped trees (thought that was to enhance the area of Spain with red in their flag), but by late afternoon, the cord disappeared and the red/white lights were off.  I don’t remember the Tower Garden tree trunks being wrapped when the park opened this year, but the other white lights in trees were definitely there earlier this year.

• Like 1

Agree with what they said about removal probably stopped when pandemic shut down hit. These have been there since close of winterfest 2019 I’m pretty sure. There’s tons of stuff left up (too much if you ask me, it’s sloppy leaving all lighting of Charlie Brown trees lot up and unlit all the time. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

Has no one called out the fact that the Winterfest parade floats are now parked in the storage tent? Christmas parade anyone????

I saw all that yesterday while riding Adventure Express. I couldn't tell for sure if they were parade floats or just decorations setup on wheels ready to roll out into the park---didn't get a long enough look---but you most certainly might be right. 

• Like 1

It was already mentioned in another thread about a month ago lol.

On 8/28/2021 at 11:19 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

Someone sent me a photo of that as well. Won’t post it out of respect since they may want to post it themselves. 100% definitely different floats. It wasn’t example a spoiler, but you could DEFINITELY tell it was the Christmas parade. 

3 hours ago, brenthodge said:

. I just checked with a pass on blue racer. Definitely Christmas parade floats. Might explain some of the haunt entertainment cuts. Gotta cover that extra expense. 

Showplace is also in need of some TLC after two down seasons. Canopy wasn't even put on this year.

I know, but that's just less protection when it was already looking a bit rough during the Coasterstock Q&A on stage. Probably not show-worthy to do Haunted Homecoming at the moment.

I expected Urgent Scare to be over because of the theme, and I like that they're doing a Tower Gardens location for a maze again. Not sure if Field of Screams can be used with Orion there or not, we'll see next year I guess if they come back to the full maze count or not.

9 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I agree that the International Showplace is looking a bit rough. It is kind of an eyesore, and I hope Kings Island gives it some love for next year.

I wish it would get a complete makeover to be used for Winterfest. Put a peanuts show there to better tie into Planet Snoopy. Not fully enclosed, but something better than just the fabric shade. Also take out some seating rows toward the back and make flat terraces with table seating. It’s rarely full with the bleachers. Might be a nice way to provide a better place than bandstand to do longer shows, but still have the option of eating while watching. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 7:04 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

Looks like some trees have been wrapped for Winterfest already in Tower Gardens. I’m not crazy, right? These lights haven’t been up all season, right?

DB2F64B7-433D-45FB-A8A5-33BE5C356107.jpeg

I'm personally hoping this is a sign that Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular may return.

I've seen Broadway shows and Cirque shows. I've been to Disney parks and have toured the lights of Hollywood in LA. I know quality, top-tier entertainment and believe me when I say it: Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular was one of the GREATEST experiences I've ever witnessed. There was nothing like it on this earth. Absolutely incredible. 

/s

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gordon Bombay said:

I'm personally hoping this is a sign that Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular may return.

I've seen Broadway shows and Cirque shows. I've been to Disney parks and have toured the lights of Hollywood in LA. I know quality, top-tier entertainment and believe me when I say it: Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular was one of the GREATEST experiences I've ever witnessed. There was nothing like it on this earth. Absolutely incredible. 

/s

I hope that’s a joke, because snoopy starlight spectacular sure was. 

I think BeastFarmer hit the nail on the head.  They are likely wanting to push this weekend for Haunt, and then in a week or so, announce the parade as a lead up to WInterfest to get people excited about it and talking about it.  

The floats are indeed in the parade float tent behind the Racer.  One of the floats in the tent had the lights on when it was sitting in the tent, was on when I was at the park for Haunt on Friday night

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

I think BeastFarmer hit the nail on the head.  They are likely wanting to push this weekend for Haunt, and then in a week or so, announce the parade as a lead up to WInterfest to get people excited about it and talking about it.  

The floats are indeed in the parade float tent behind The Racer.  One of the floats in the tent had the lights on when it was sitting in the tent, was on when I was at the park for Haunt on Friday night

I think you are right. Unless they can center the PR/marketing around this for the next month after Halloween then they’re complete idiots. I’m sure that’s the plan. 

Here is one of the floats lit up, taken through the fence over by Area 72:

61FFDF28-5D5B-4CCA-9063-EF30B3E5B91C.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I think you are right. Unless they can center the PR/marketing around this for the next month after Halloween then they’re complete idiots. I’m sure that’s the plan. 

Here is one of the floats lit up, taken through the fence over by Area 72:

61FFDF28-5D5B-4CCA-9063-EF30B3E5B91C.jpeg

That gives me hope. Just seems odd they’ve been talking about WF but sitting on this detail, but agree. Maybe they just want to “soft tease” (that sounds dirty) WF right now and not even highlight new things (especially since with the exception of the parade, nothing is new) looking forward to seeing how it plays out. 

Interesting. The IR buffet has this message:

Dining Plans are not accepted at this location. Tickets can be purchased at the International Restaurant on the day of your visit, online in advance. Limited availability – subject to close for Private Events.

This is expected, but it contrasts with this:

Snow Day Buffet

A holiday meal served buffet-style! Roasted Pork Loin, Smoked Turkey Breast and Roast Beef with assorted Holiday Sides.

No word on whether meal plans will be accepted, and if so, how much will the uncharge be? 

18 minutes ago, eadrewsKI said:

Just drove past KI! All the trees in the front of the park have been wrapped and are shining bright! The tree in the front of the park is up as well! Interesting that they might not be accepting meal plans…

Can confirm! Also I Street was lit up. I wonder if the Eiffel Tower will be ready to be the Eiffel Tree?

• Like 1