Winterfest preparations have begun?

BoddaH1994

On 11/3/2021 at 9:10 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

I was discussing that with @electricsun on closing day. I wonder how the lights will slow down the painting project.

Likely no issue. They seem to be able to get it done quickly. I think it’ll be painted within the week and they will be able to put the lights up soon after. Remember they put them up over the course of a week or so in years past. They have time. 

• Like 1

Drove past KI (again) and I saw that the Eiffel Tower lights are on! I don't think they are fully prepped due to the fact that one side of the tower has no lights and the lights are glitchy! Just a bunch of rainbow lines that probably aren't programmed yet, but I am glad to see they are on!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, eadrewsKI said:

Drove past KI (again) and I saw that the Eiffel Tower lights are on! I don't think they are fully prepped due to the fact that one side of the tower has no lights and the lights are glitchy! Just a bunch of rainbow lines that probably aren't programmed yet, but I am glad to see they are on!

It takes time for Clark and Rusty to recheck every bulb. :lol:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

REALLY REALLY wish this was in the KI theatre and move the silly snoopy show to the International Showplace close to Charlie Brown Christmas town - This is GREAT!

The Snoopy show is a huge waste of the performers talent and the nice theatre.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, super7 said:

The Snoopy show is a huge waste of the performers talent and the nice theatre.  

Totally Agree. It’s sad that the “marque” show at the original birthplace of Winterfest is that lip synced, silly “spectacular” that even uses the voice track from knotts ( it references the Buena Park news) 

• Like 1

^ My two cents:  Snoopy is in the KI Theater because the costumed characters need protection from the elements.  Rain would cause cancellations, an icy spot on the stage of the International Showplace could cause injury.  I like the Snoopy show, but I think it would be better in Festhaus with Tinkers moved to the KI Theater.

CF seems to be committed to Winterfest at KI, so I think/hope we may see a major reinvention of the International Showplace to be compatible with summer and winter weather.  I hope more future infrastructure improvements like a climate controlled eatery in Coney Mall and climate controlled restrooms (ironically, there is heat, but no cold air in most of them. )

2 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

^ My two cents:  Snoopy is in the KI Theater because the costumed characters need protection from the elements.  Rain would cause cancellations, an icy spot on the stage of the International Showplace could cause injury.  I like the Snoopy show, but I think it would be better in Festhaus with Tinkers moved to the KI Theater.

CF seems to be committed to Winterfest at KI, so I think/hope we may see a major reinvention of the International Showplace to be compatible with summer and winter weather.  I hope more future infrastructure improvements like a climate controlled eatery in Coney Mall and climate controlled restrooms (ironically, there is heat, but no cold air in most of them. )

I talked to someone from Cedar Fair a few years ago about why the shows weren’t switched, but I don’t remember the exact reason. I do remember that the decision was 100% intentional, and not a simple logistical thing. Dominion does Tinkers in their Showplace but the way KI’s is set up it’s lot riskier for ice patches and stuff. I do agree that on the surface the good show should go in the Festhaus and the great show should go in the KIT.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

You know what I wish they'd do in the Festhaus? The in-the-round classical that Paramount did in 2005. I really liked that atmosphere, not sure if they'd be able to alternate it with the stage show though.

I remember it being awkward because no one was in there but me. 2005 was a little different from now. :rolleyes:

I agree.  I much prefer having the live E stage in the Festhaus then the theater in the round set up they had back in 2005.  I am glad that we are getting the Winterfest parade.  That was one of the highlights from Winterfest 2005.  I still would like to see some live entertainment and story come to the train one of these years for Winterfest, like it had in 2005.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rivertown Rider said:

On the International Showplace piece, I'd probably just gut International Showplace and build a Harmony Hall type location there.  It gives you another indoor show building as well.

As packed as Festhaus and the Brewhouse always are it would give another indoor option.

Harmony Hall is basically the same exact thing as Festhaus unless they give it different theming and different food options. Maybe a Saloon since it's basically on the border of Rivertown or give it a standard food court thing and redo Festhaus and make it a German place.

Since the Eiffel Tower paint color is the same as International Showplace, it would have been the perfect time to give the International Showplace some paint and restore it to it’s original glamor for the 50th celebration.   Instead of the overhead tarps, install a more permanent metal roof and upgraded stage and decorative lighting to make it more of a year round entertainment venue, especially when it rains or snows.

• Like 4

On 11/11/2021 at 10:27 AM, BeeastFarmer said:

Put the costume character show in the theater in the Boo Blasters building.    The characters in the KI Theater show are purely cringeworthy.  

8 hours ago, super7 said:

Put the costume character show in the theater in the Boo Blasters building.    The characters in the KI Theater show are purely cringeworthy.  

The current show in the Enchanted Theater, every time I have been, has been "sold out."  This theater does not have the capability for the production value of the Peanuts show.

I'm so sorry that Kings Island has again, disappointed you. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, super7 said:

They certainly aren’t befitting the “marque” indoor theater, but the show as a whole isn’t that bad. It just is a poor use of the capability of that space. As others have said, and I’ve long advocated for, the international showplace needs to be fully renovated or even replaced to have a third, higher capacity indoor (or semi enclosed) performance space. Then they could run a more appropriate show like “home for the holidays” from Knotts in the KI Theatre. 

• Like 2

I thought this was cool! Flight of Fear is now actually renamed Flight of Cheer on Kings Island’s website. It would be cool if this name change is present on the Winterfest map and on the ride’s signage as well. I also am eager to see how Area 72 is decorated for Winterfest this year.

7169EFE6-816F-4AD1-AF58-787AF10FF839.jpeg

• Like 1