Winterfest preparations have begun?

BoddaH1994

32 minutes ago, guy1115 said:

It's likely the right timing, especially for areas that may be used as part of Haunt.  Remember the candy cane trusses go up for Haunt.

Yes, they do! I remember walking through Backwoods Bayou prior to Winterfest one year and yelling "Merry Christmas" to everyone who tried to scare me lol

Some of the lights were likely left overs from 2019 Winterfest (assume when the pandemic hit in March 2020, work stopped on taking what was left down as some were just left in place).  Look closely at the huge evergreens by Adventure Express entrance and in the beer garden that are still strung with their white lights.  Also, if you look closely, several trees in the grassy area behind stunt coaster they also still have their white lights strung in their trees.  Last Saturday around noon, there was a cord strung across the bricks in Tower Gardens turning on the red/white on several of the wrapped trees (thought that was to enhance the area of Spain with red in their flag), but by late afternoon, the cord disappeared and the red/white lights were off.  I don’t remember the Tower Garden tree trunks being wrapped when the park opened this year, but the other white lights in trees were definitely there earlier this year.

• Like 1

Agree with what they said about removal probably stopped when pandemic shut down hit. These have been there since close of winterfest 2019 I’m pretty sure. There’s tons of stuff left up (too much if you ask me, it’s sloppy leaving all lighting of Charlie Brown trees lot up and unlit all the time.