Planet Snoopy Survey

Orion13

A few days ago, an employee walked up to my mom while she was in Planet Snoopy. The employee did a survey and the questions that she asked kind of heavily hinted some new stuff for Planet Snoopy. Here's the gist of the questions:

• Are you a season passholder?
  • About how many times do you visit per year?
  • On a scale of 1-5 (1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest) how satisfied are you with the Planet Snoopy area?
  • (Using the same scale as before) How satisfied are you with dining options in Planet Snoopy?
  • How satisfied are you with the rides in Planet Snoopy?
  • How satisfied are you with amenities in Planet Snoopy?
  • How satisfied are you with the games in Planet Snoopy?
  • How satisfied are you with entertainment in Planet Snoopy?
  • How connected are your children to the Peanuts characters?
  • How would you feel about an indoor dining facility with entertainment for kids?
  • There was also a question about "When choosing a place to eat, how important are the following..." but my mom doesn't really remember the options.
  • What kind of food options would you want at an indoor dining facility in Planet Snoopy?
  • If you could add anything to Planet Snoopy, what would you add?
  • How important to you is it that a new attraction be themed to Planet Snoopy?

And that is the gist of the questions. I can't wait to see what you guys think of this!

Side Note: Should I have put this in "Coming Attractions"?

• Like 1

Very interesting stuff. However, I think it is likely just an idea being considered for the future. Maybe up to 5 years out. Ik parks look at different things to add over the next 5 years and it could change with time. I would love a new indoor dining option in Planet Snoopy. They could even do the Lunch with the Peanuts Characters show they used to do in the Festhaus in there. They could even do a dinner time show as well! Wonder what food we could see in there! 

• Like 2

Pretty sure management took notice in 2019 after Planet Snoopy lost the Golden Ticket award to Dollywood for Best Kids Area. Previously, Planet Snoopy held this award for 18 consecutive years, so the loss of the Golden Ticket award would definitely be noticed by management (there were no park Golden Ticket awards in 2020 due to the Pandemic).   The survey seems focused on how Dollywood successfully built their Wildwood Grove with innovative attractions, so will see what may or may not happen in Planet Snoopy (or at least hope for a renovation of Boo Blasters).

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 5:17 PM, Orion13 said:

• How connected are your children to the Peanuts characters?
  • How would you feel about an indoor dining facility with entertainment for kids?
  • What kind of food options would you want at an indoor dining facility in Planet Snoopy?
  • How important to you is it that a new attraction be themed to Planet Snoopy?

These questions stood out to me the most.

• They might try and increase IP exposure with Peanuts.
  • There were two questions about an indoor dining facility which makes me believe this is something they're considering. I believe WWG has this.
  • The theming question is interesting because currently there is no theme. Granted its themed to Peanuts but still. WWG is well themed to Dollywood where as PS is basically a kids section. I've stressed how a retheme that still incorporates the Peanuts IP

I think something along the lines of Camp Snoopy would be a good fit thematically for KI.  Also, bring in some new rides.  There are several areas that seem to be wide open and could fit a small flat ride or two.  The last new rides added to Planet Snoopy were back in 2015...

• Like 2

My main question is where would they put an indoor dining area with entertainment in that area of the park? The only area I can think of is the area where the peanuts gallery is/former petting zoo/theater, but I think it would be nice if they just put a nice playground under that structure or a water splash pad or a water maze (lol @Dj325)! I also have a feeling the whirlybirds might be on their way out. I think it was Carowinds or Kings Dominion that removed theirs for their Camp Snoopy expansion. You could fit a small kiddy flat or two where the Whirlybird's loading/queue structure is currently. You could even relocate Linus Launcher somewhere else in Snoopy and put a new flat that fits Rivertown where Linus is currently and move the log flume's theme back into Rivertown where it belongs.

• Like 3

I think they need to extend the Peanuts Gang out into the park more.  I don't think they would do it as extensively as Taft did with HB, but it would be nice to see characters on International Street.  Maybe even have Snoopy conducting the Royal Fountain like he does at Canada's Wonderland.

• Like 4

I would love to see Planet Snoopy get a re-theme to Camp Snoopy. I think it would help seamlessly blend into Rivertown. I also think the atmosphere would blend better with the entire park as a whole. I do think a “family style” restaurant or eatery would do well in that area. It would make a lot of sense to put it where the Peanuts Playhouse, or whatever they call it now. It would grab people coming/going to SC too. 

Also, they need to somehow enhance or completely re-theme boo blasters. It’s such an eyesore for being the parks only dark ride now. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I think they need to extend the Peanuts Gang out into the park more.  I don't think they would do it as extensively as Taft did with HB, but it would be nice to see characters on International Street.  Maybe even have Snoopy conducting the Royal Fountain like he does at Canada's Wonderland.

It’s odd that you don’t really see that at all. Wonder if there is some issue with United features on the liscensing or if they just don’t see it as that important. It would’ve been a “natural” to have the gang in international costumes during carnivale. Why weren’t they going on a world wide trip? Such a great way to tie it all together. It’s be like peanuts really don’t have any purpose outside of their one area. Seems like a miss. 

• Like 1

Regarding Peanuts and their roaming, I believe its all about location and convenience. The costumes are stored in Planet Snoopy so the characters are somewhat limited in where they can go. If they wanted Snoopy or Charlie Brown to make appearances in say Area 72 and Coney Mall, their costumes would have to be stored in proximity to those areas. They might store some costumes at Camp Cedar for Peanuts meet and greets.

Random thoughts....

Peanut characters used to (perhaps still do) roam around the tower for their show on that small stage by the fountains.  A peanut parade to "open" up the park could be a good idea, help lead the kids back into Planet Snoopy.

The animal farm......it stinks, literally.  I don't know how popular that is, but that is a big area devoted to animals that do what animals do (and often cleaner than their human counterparts) but causes an unpleasant order.

My plan...

Reboot Boo Blasters... Concept is good for kids, but need fresh targets and guns that consistently work.  Take the other half of the building, or at least part of it to leave some room for storage and turn it into an indoor playground, foam ball shooter area.  ValleyFair has one and it was a great place to cool off while kids could run around and have fun.

Remove Whirly Birds.  I'm thankfully it was never a huge draw for my kids.  Ride was hot, the pedals never seemed to do anything, lines were long and slow.  I'd take this area and create your indoor dining area here.  Probably need to relocate the Snoopy Boutique as well.

There seems to be a bit of a dead area next to the Linus Launcher, plus in that area you are close to rivertown and rides that get you wet.  Remove the snack shack in that area to again open up that path, then in the dead area (behind the fence with the peanuts pictures) I'd do some sort of aqua feature/maze/splash area thing that the kids could run around in and cool down.

Finally, I'd remove the snoopy junction train ride, plus the Peanuts off road rally and the petting zoo, old stage and add a couple of small rides to compliment the beetle bugs (wooden ship, or hot air ballon type rides like Cedar Pointe has plus a new family coaster aimed at the 42" or 44" crowd.  Ideally, a fire chaser express clone, but something that helps bridge the gap between Woodstock express and Adventure Express that only FAAC seems to fill.  With the sit down dining expeirence, that would leave room to relocate a few of the snack shacks they have scattered around, some of which are rarely open to open up more space perhaps even add a new building that could help faciliate Picnic Groove's need (or enhance what they do back there, I've never been)

• 1 year later...
On 8/3/2021 at 9:08 PM, brenthodge said:

There is nothing “innovative “ about the rides in wildwood grove. What nails it is the landscaping, the music, and the storytelling applied to off the shelf rides. Something that Cedar Fair is only starting to get better at. 

Was just about to say that. It’s the total package that wildwood grove nails (having an overall creative director certainly helped) 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2021 at 12:26 AM, SonofBaconator said:

Regarding Peanuts and their roaming, I believe its all about location and convenience. The costumes are stored in Planet Snoopy so the characters are somewhat limited in where they can go. If they wanted Snoopy or Charlie Brown to make appearances in say Area 72 and Coney Mall, their costumes would have to be stored in proximity to those areas. They might store some costumes at Camp Cedar for Peanuts meet and greets.

I was just about to say that. If they want overall exposure of the Peanuts brand, they might want their characters to roam the park more.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Didn't you say that almost 2 years ago? ;)

Yep-still believe it. Not sure why this thread came back to life LOL. But, it’s still the direction I think they should go. Especially now that Dollywood has added BigBearMtn. Showing that the mix of mid-level thrills and kiddie rides (that KI has had for years) when well themed and integrated makes for a winning mix. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 3:08 PM, CoastersRZ said:

I would not remove Snoopy Junction.  It is one of the few rides that parents can ride with their kids who are shorter than 36".  It is a classic!  I rode it when I was little with my parents, and now have been riding it with my children!

The same for the Helicopter monorail 

On 8/4/2021 at 4:09 PM, silver2005 said:

I actually think PS is due for another coaster at this point.  

I heard a loose rumor from an Amusement Insiders video that Snoopy’s Racing Railway at Canada’s Wonderland was intended to be cloned for KI and Carowinds. I’m not sure how accurate that is but if it were to happen, it would make sense. KI, CWL, and CWS have all gotten clones of other kid coasters on the past.

• Like 2