Flight of Fear question...

YuYuYuuki

As embarrassing as it is to say, I have a crush on the alien leader from Flight of Fear (thanks to Jim Cummings' wonderful voice acting.) I would like to know if anyone has made up a name for him that I could use. Adam Bezark, who also wrote the T2 3D attraction at Universal, wrote the script to FoF back in its Outer Limits days, and I don't think he gave a name to the alien leader. I've reached out to him on his YouTube channel and hopefully I'll get a response.

I also wanna know a few more things about him. Is he a hero or a villain? Or just an anti-hero? His lines in the stations imply he's either a villain or an anti-hero. ("How naive!") We also don't see a lot of his personality, other than the fact that he's fascinated by how we're studying his race.

The main thing I wanna know is what he looks like. He probably looks like Orthopox from Destroy All Humans! but more... ya know... humanoid. IDK, just me.

One of the earliest bits I've come up with for my forthcoming MCU level of lore surrounding him and the ride is that his planet has something akin to social security on Earth, and he controls the district that handles "social insurance" for survivors and retired soldiers. (Disabilities do not exist in aliens.) The numbers that are given out to these survivors and retired soldiers can then be used to track them and let them know when to pay their taxes. The alien leader has a... uh... fetish for, uh, giving them out (taken from an ElToroRyan video; it makes sense in context.) So yes, he does have a sense of humor too.

In order to flesh out my lore more, I've been coming up with a playlist called "Flight of Fear: The Album" which would be a compilation of music suiting the ride that Paramount would put out in the late '90s in KI's gift shops. Including Pantera, Moloko, and more industrial/D&B/techno artists.

That's all I have to say... peace...

• Haha 1

Vic Perrin played the original narrator known as "Control Voice" on the original series "The Outer Limits". Kevin Conway took over as the voice in the shows revival in 1995 but Vic's voice is commonly attributed to the show intro. When the roller coaster was built in 1996 they must have gone with Jim Cummings to take the role for the attraction. As for who 'Control Voice" is and his part in the show (or ride) he is just a narrator and does not play any true role.

It is important to note that the current preshow video for FoF is the the original cut, as when Paramount lost the rights to "The Outer Limits" they removed a minute long snippet to prevent any copyright. So you no longer see the Outer Limits logo and narration. You can see this edit linked below starting at 2:52. Additionally the last line at the end of the video was edited to remove the line "The Outer Limits"

https://youtu.be/djHzt6MqrXY

Otherwise I'm not sure what you are asking...

I mean the voice that goes "So.... you believe that you stumbled across us? Then kindly explain... why YOU are the ones trapped in your seats." That's slightly different from the control voice. It's more, how should I put it, "slithering." That belongs to the alien leader. 1:59

30 minutes ago, YuYuYuuki said:

I mean the voice that goes "So.... you believe that you stumbled across us? Then kindly explain... why YOU are the ones trapped in your seats." That's slightly different from the control voice. It's more, how should I put it, "slithering." That belongs to the alien leader. 1:59

Yes. The Control Voice is the same guy in the station (although Paramount never released the names of the actors or voice actors for the ride)

The station v/o are their for ascetics for deepen the sense of fear. The roller coaster is called Flight or Fear for a reason reason

Even some station announcements were removed when the OuterLimits IP was lost.

8 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Yes. The Control Voice is the same guy in the station (although Paramount never released the names of the actors or voice actors for the ride)

The station v/o are their for ascetics for deepen the sense of fear. The roller coaster is called Flight or Fear for a reason reason

Even some station announcements were removed when the OuterLimits IP was lost.

Do you have any materials that detail this?

Anyway, I gave the leader a name: Krazeb (Bezark backwards) and even a title: "Leader of the Unknown." He looks humanoid, with an animesque appearance complimented by two tentacles protruding from his back and a long, flowing black cape.

Well, after the Outer Limits IP was lost, the control voice became a generic alien leader, and I'm detailing lore about that. It's more interesting. Also, this is what Adam Bezark has to say about it...

"We were just kind of riffing on the “Outer Limits” opening titles and expanding that into a little UFO story. The mystery was part of the fun - we don’t know who these aliens are, what they want, or what they’re about to do to us. But it would definitely be fun to go back and deepen this story."

He says it was an alien even back then. But if it were supposed to be the control voice, then OK.