Fantasy coasters and attractions

Thabto

What are some fantasy coasters and attractions in your mind? This is not a discussion asking what you would like added to the park, but a coaster or attraction idea that is highly unlikely to happen due to costs, space constraints, impossible, etc. I just couldn't think of where else to put a discussion like this.

My ideas are:

Racing Giga Coaster

Floorless Wooden Coaster

Giga Hybrid Coaster

• Thanks 1

This is a little crazy but watching some Olympics skateboarding, surfing, the posts about King Cobra, Black Widow and her landing stance a point of satire in the film and a few other things just came together for a new extreme sport.  

Coaster Surfing/Parkour

Could be just one car or the whole train but strip the seats off and make them a flatbed. Qualified athletes could then perform parkour type stunts playing off the different forces of each element. Some sort of structures, walls, hand and foot holds would need to included.  Obviously some sort of safety restraint would need to be engineered and that may end up require a some form of cage as a feather would just get in the way.  Might be a great use of an end of service life coaster that can’t handle the stresses of full trains but is sound enough for light duty and cycles.  

• Like 3

One night I had a dream there was a ride whose vehicles (that IIRC, were either like the single bobsled cars found on Intamin bobsled coasters - https://rcdb.com/99.htm - or a ball like Slingshot) bounced from metal corner to metal corner in the air. The "corner" looked like a rounded metal holder (hard to describe). That would be cool, but very impractical unless there was "invisible" track between the corners.

• 4 weeks later...

Extreme launch coaster that acts as a 'portal' to the other side of the park. Think TTD but instead of straight up and around it would be a huge airtime hill out of the launch and you'd 'land' in the other side of the park. It would be all acceleration and air time in a straight line. 

Of course, you'd need a mirror image of it going the other way as well, and people would end up on the other side-introducing a host of other problems, but a ride like that would be an amazing experience and dominate the skyline. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

If B&M could do it, it would be cool to revive that concept. Anyone on here know how good/bad the capacity was for SFMM's Flashback?

According to RCDB it had a capacity of 1,100 riders per hour, which if you want a comparison is 100 people per hour less than The Bat's capacity.

In theory this capacity could be increased if you added more block zones before and after the station to allow more trains. I think if they could get rid of the pain people experienced it would be a cool, clonable concept that would be reminiscent of what Premier did with their Spaghetti Bowls.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I always wished our train went around the entire park.  It could be a way to get over to Oktoberfest/Coney Mall from Planet Snoopy/Rivertown and vice versa.  I do not remember which park but I thought one of the CF's parks has a train going around the property.  Or it use to have one . . maybe I am thinking of a different park chain.

Kind of similar to getting across the park via the Sky Ride . . although I would like that back too.

22 hours ago, rlentless said:

I always wished our train went around the entire park.  It could be a way to get over to Oktoberfest/Coney Mall from Planet Snoopy/Rivertown and vice versa.  I do not remember which park but I thought one of the CF's parks has a train going around the property.  Or it use to have one . . maybe I am thinking of a different park chain.

Kind of similar to getting across the park via the Sky Ride . . although I would like that back too.

Knotts is pretty close to going all around. 

• 3 weeks later...