What food would you like to see added to the park?

Thabto

I would like to see a place that serves breakfast type food in the park. It could have something like waffles, pancakes, donuts, muffins, etc. That would be a nice addition to the park since most hotels stopped serving breakfast. And then I could use my first meal on my plan when I first get there and that could hold me over until later in the day to use my second meal, sometimes I find it difficult to use lunch and dinner in both my meals, more so if it's an early close day.

• Like 2

I would like to see a place that serves breakfast type food in the park. It could have something like waffles, pancakes, donuts, muffins, etc. That would be a nice addition to the park since most hotels stopped serving breakfast. And then I could use my first meal on my plan when I first get there and that could hold me over until later in the day to use my second meal, sometimes I find it difficult to use lunch and dinner in both my meals, more so if it's an early close day.
on Kings Island days, chick fil a is breakfast, its just part of the experience

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

A breakfast option place, with a layout similar to Coney BBQ/Backbeat BBQ, should be under consideration for most parks in the chain. I think it would be very popular. Something like a pancake or two, meat and side on dining plan would be a great new option. Sides like hash browns, scrambled egg or fruit cup, meats your standard bacon/ham/sausage, pancake or French toast. 

• Like 4

No outside branded food (unless it is a dining establishment “sponsored by…” t  he at serves their food in addition to other items… like a “home style” chicken restaurant in rivertown that serves chili fil a chicken but with “country sides” in addition to waffle fries. Something that doesn’t feel like I’m paying double for the same stuff I can get outside the park. Better food choices all around-like the chefs special, but offered daily at a nice, table service restaurant (with a great view of the park…hint hint). 

• Like 2

One thing that I feel like Dollywood and Cedar Point do way better than us is having a lot more indoor dining. Want to sit inside? You can have Brewhouse or Skyline.  I’m not going to count Coney BBQ, although it’s close, because one reason I hate eating outdoors is one small gust of wind and all of your trash and napkins goes everywhere, so their setup doesn’t necessarily alleviate that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

Does Festhaus not count?

I agree, that it would be nice to have another air conditioned (or during Winterfest, heated location) to eat at besides the Skyline on I- Street, the Festhuas or Brewhouse.  

Yeah, I forgot Festhaus. But it certainly doesn’t have a restaurant feel. Once shows return it’s out of the question if your goal is to hold a conversation.  I just wish more places had seating. It would make it more attractive. 

I’d love something similar to frozen Butterbeer at Universal. 

Or really, any frozen non-dairy slush type beverage. I’ve found that when it’s hot, cold treats with dairy don’t get along with my stomach. But frozen Butterbeer and similar, I can do all day long. 

I miss the Stawberry and Pineapple Congo Coolers they used to sell back by the Screamin Demon. 

if there is something similar today, please let me know as I’m not as familiar with the current offerings. 

I would like to see some things that you can’t just leave the park to get. I get why Larosa’s and Skyline are there, for those select out of state people who have never heard of them. I would love see some lighter food that’s also super flavorful. Something like street tacos, smoothie bowls, or custom wrap/salads. 

• Like 1

Hmmmm....I think I have heard this before....replace Kill Mart with a climate controlled eatery with porch dining overlooking The Racer.  But I was told that was impractical and we already have enough indoor dining.  LOL.  

But serously...how about Mrs. Knotts Chicken across the chain?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Hmmmm....I think I have heard this before....replace Kill Mart with a climate controlled eatery with porch dining overlooking The Racer.  But I was told that was impractical and we already have enough indoor dining.  LOL.  

But serously...how about Mrs. Knotts Chicken across the chain?

Mrs knots would be awesome, but I think it looses its uniqueness if it’s everywhere. Each park should have an “only at”….and no, larosas and skyline don’t count. Skyline on IStreet is a waste of an indoor dining location if you ask me, or play up the Greek aspect, make it a Greek restaurant “featuring” skyline chiii, but lots of other -more Greek options (like gyros and salads) and please, a better interior. Something that looks more “Greek” but also tellls the skyline story. 

• Sad 1

^Skyline has Greek wraps and salads.   

You say Skyline and LaRosa's don't count in the same breath you say that each park should have things unique to the area?  Skyline is as Cincinnatian as it gets.  Also, to me, LaRosa's is too much of a staple of the park as well for locals.  Plus you got Graeter's to round it out.   They got the local fare down pat. 

• Thanks 1

I guess my thing is, why does it have to be a Cincinnati staple? Why can’t it be a KI staple? I just don’t like that there isn’t any attempt To make it look unique to the  park. They use the same signage, branding etc as outside the park. I think Disney does a good job of integration of “outside brands” but still telling their own Disney story instead of it feeling like just another skyline off interstate 71 exit 14. Mrs Knotts chicken isn’t a Buena Park area chain that has a location at KBF, it’s something you can ONLY get at the park. 

59 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

Mrs knots would be awesome, but I think it looses its uniqueness if it’s everywhere. Each park should have an “only at”….and no, larosas and skyline don’t count. Skyline on IStreet is a waste of an indoor dining location if you ask me, or play up the Greek aspect, make it a Greek restaurant “featuring” skyline chiii, but lots of other -more Greek options (like gyros and salads) and please, a better interior. Something that looks more “Greek” but also tellls the skyline story. 

I can see that, but  it would be exclusive to the market.  To a CF park hopper, maybe not but to the vast amounts of local passholders it might be  hit.  It would be  third chicken offering at KI, though.  I disagree about Skyline.  To the traveler, it is about as unique as it gets.  To locals, its everywhere.  You also have the theming issue--like Asian food in the Festhaus, Greek food in the Swiss Building.  Nothing says Cincy like Skyline and the "e-yack-see-yent" of the tri-state area.  LaRosa's--I agree.  Every park has pizza and even though it is unique to the area, it is just pizza.  A profit machine.  

Ok, so put Swiss food in the Swiss building. Greek chili make no sense there, and it’s a shame one of the prime indoor seating locations right by the entrance is filled with stuff I can get right across the street from the park cheaper. Or since the German food ship sailed on festhaus years ago, make it “FESTHAUS-a celebration of world foods and entertainment” , and turn it into a mini year round CARNIVALE with *******ized  “international” food like panda, skyline, larosas, and the like with a “tour around the world” through pop songs that mention different cities. 

• Like 2

^ I think it boils down to money.  Larosa's and Skyline (aren't they owed by the same company?) are park sponsors.  Do they pay to be in the park or does KI pay them a royalty fee?  Their branding probably is contracted, so it makes sense that they are in two very prominent spots right as you enter the park.  Pizza makes sense in the Italian Building..  The Rainbo Bakeri made some sense in 1972 in the Swiss Building.

I would be happy with just about anything the park doesn't already have and isn't a national chain. Not sure what that would be.

Japanese food would be interesting to see at a park. Not sushi but something like yakitori or other hibachi food. La Rosas is fine (even if the smell is unpleasant) but non-pizza Italian food could be good. I don't get why there's a Subway at all. A good, original sandwich place would be better. 

And I agree with people that there should be more indoor dining. Planet Snoopy could use one as could Coney (somewhere in the back would be good).

27 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

LaRosa's and Skyline do not share owners.

Maybe it's a franchisee that operates both brands in central KY.  Their stores are either beside each other or they share a storefront.  And I saw a Skyline SM post recently that combined a slice of Larosa's, 2 skyline hot dogs and a Reds game and said something like "You can't get more Cincinatti than this."

Most of the big Cincinnati brands are pretty friendly with each other.  There's things they all do together like gift baskets and such (Skyline, LaRosa's, Graeter's, Montgomery Inn, Gliers, etc).  They also sponsor a lot of the same things.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

^ I think it boils down to money.  Larosa's and Skyline (aren't they owed by the same company?) are park sponsors.  Do they pay to be in the park or does KI pay them a royalty fee?  Their branding probably is contracted, so it makes sense that they are in two very prominent spots right as you enter the park.  Pizza makes sense in the Italian Building..  The Rainbo Bakeri made some sense in 1972 in the Swiss Building.

If KI wanted to they could name the terms of the sponsorship. Starbucks is big at US Disney parks, but only locations outside of the parks (downtown Disney, Disney springs) are branded as such. The ones in park have unique names, interiors, theming and do use the corporate branding in more subtle ways on signage, menu board etc. KI (abs probably CF corporate just doesn’t dictate that their branding takes priority over the sponsor brand. It’s less of a sponsor and more like KI is the landlord that leases out the space for the tenant to build out however they choose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

LaRosa's and Skyline do not share owners.

They do not have the same owners however the ones at KI are owned by the park, so… kinda.  I believe that KI buys supplies from both companies and may (but probably doesn’t) pay a franchise fee. 

56 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

They do not have the same owners however the ones at KI are owned by the park, so… kinda.  I believe that KI buys supplies from both companies and may (but probably doesn’t) pay a franchise fee. 

I would think it the opposite. They may buy from the commissary, but I would venture it’s the brands that pay the fee for promo, not KI. What wikis KI stand to gain from paying for both the food and the name? They’d be better off just going it in their own and saving on the liscensing fee. 

33 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

What wikis KI stand to gain from paying for both the food and the name? They’d be better off just going it in their own and saving on the liscensing fee. 

Locals know the Skyline and LaRosa's brands.  Many locals like those brands.  Those guests are more likely to buy and even spend more money because it's a brand they know and like, rather than an in-house brand.

Cedar Point spent a couple years running an in-house concept where Chick-fil-A once stood.  It did not go well.  They brought Chick-fil-A back.

• Like 1