Cedar Point to Announce Something Special Tonight

22 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

I hope this is an anniversary coaster but I doubt it is. We haven’t had any teasing at all. I have no idea what this will be but we will see around 6 ET!

There was some teasing at Winter Chill Out.

I anticipate it is about a ride removal which will lead into the teasing of a new ride.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Browntggrr said:

There was some teasing at Winter Chill Out.

I anticipate it is about a ride removal which will lead into the teasing of a new ride.

Well I did look it up and the teasing was for a 2022 coaster specifically. If there is a ride removal they will just announce the new attraction on the spot because ‘tis the season for coaster announcements.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Well I did look it up and the teasing was for a 2022 coaster specifically. If there is a ride removal they will just announce the new attraction on the spot because ‘tis the season for coaster announcements.

I tend to think differently.  CP likes to drag these things out and I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if they left a potential ride announcement itself to later in the month closer to SP sales kickoff. 

• Like 3

RIP Wicked Twister 2002-2021.

That video also may have given some hints at what may replace Wicked Twister- here is my thoughts/prediction: I think the Tornado in the film is not a reference to Wicked Twister itself, but a much older Cedar Point coaster- the Cedar Point Cyclone, which was located not far from where Wicked Twister sits now (GateKeeper sits on the site of the old Cyclone but there is no way they are removing GateKeeper anytime soon).

With the old sports stadium near Wicked Twister also removed, there may be room to cram a woodie in that spot. Not a gigantic record-breaker, but a small yet quality wooden coaster from GCI or the Gravity Group would fill a huge hole that has existed in Cedar Point's lineup for years and got worse when Mean Streak was transformed into Steel Vengeance. And a wooden coaster is gonna offer higher capacity than the 1-train Wicked Twister did, even if it can only run 2 trains.

Wicked Twister may also end up at another park, though we can determine that by if Cedar Point takes it down carefully or just rips it apart. I would bet if it is relocated it is probably going to a smaller Cedar Fair park without an impulse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

^Not even close.

Remember Wicked Twister still holds the speed and height records for inverted coasters in the world.   Combine that with Banshee holding the length and in a multi-way tie for the inverted inversion record and we'd have all the good inverted coaster records. B)  

• Like 1

I would be shocked if this is moved to another Cedar Fair park.  The chain is trying to get rid of expensive to maintain rides and part of doing that has been to remove problematic Intamin coasters.  Also based on fillings by Dorney park last year before the Pandemic it appears that Possessed which is a very similar ride is also on the chopping block likely to be removed soon.

I see basically 3 possibilities, sell the coaster, scrap it, or keep possessed and send the parts to Dorney to keep that operating.

• Like 1

The rumors from some CP fans is that it's going to Michigan's Adventure. I personally hope it comes to KI. I have always loved that ride. I wonder if it would fit in the large open space in Area 72 back by Orion break run where some people on here supposedly saw some soil samples spots?

• Thanks 1