Favorite Single Memory

stephenmayes

I want you to really think about this one for a little bit. But whether you are an employee or just a regular guest---There has to be one memory that standsout above all the rest. Think about it--there has to one!!

For me it has to be being the only driver @ SOB On the first dance club thingy that the park had. I was stuck in the booth for a while that night and it started to get late and I was bored and really wanted to make the most of having guests that were young and very excited to be at the park.

As I brought in a train I had to give a little spiel and I started thinking about Usher & Lil JOhn, or wayne---whoever it is and I said "YEAH" and no joke the entire que house went "WHAT?" and then I of course followed it up with an "OK". This was fun to have so many people get involved. I then followed that by singing Eminem "My Band"

GOOD TIMES jerry.gif

Opps, I missed the `04 part. My favorite memory of `04 was my final ride on the Eagles. It was a night ride on the second weekend in October. I snapped the thing like I never have snapped before. I remember the two kids behind me saying "Holy Crap. Did you see that guy he was all over the place and shaking the entire ride. How did he do that?" That is a memory that will stay with me forever.

My best memory by far was the Nov 7 Wild Thornberries ride. I also think my first ride on Racer was funny. It was the first coaster I ever rode, and I did it on July 21, and when I got back to the station, I was litterally frozen with fear. But now I like it. laugh.gif

Well, for me, my favorite single mamory would have to be the first time I rode The Beast.  It was a nice sunny day back in October of 1995.  I was in the fifth grade and had gotten free tickets from my friends.  I remember being very nervous and scared.  I had riden The Racer, Top Gun and Adventure Express before that, but I was not into coaters at that point.  After riding the ride, I became hooked on coasters.  The rest is history.  I even remember meeting up with my other friends who were riding the Eagles.  After we met up, we went and rode Top Gun.  After we left the park that Sunday evening, we went to Arby`s for diner.  Little did I know then that I would fall in love with amusement parks and even work at Coney Island as a ride operator for three seasons!

*cough* this is favorite memory of 04! Last year! Don't people read the post before posting anymore?

One memory that really sticks out for me was before the season even started. I just got trained on a ride that I had never worked on before (TRTR), and then I had to start training other people immediately afterward. The TRTR returners were easy, but having to lay out scenarios that I had never experienced to the first years was a little odd.

I only get to PKI once a year, so everything for me is a memory. smile.gif

But this year, at the morning rope drop in Action Zone, it was me and my sister's spur of the moment decision to jump right on Drop Zone first thing. The tallest I had been on previous to this was Giant Drop @SFGAm. This was a lot different. It felt like it took a year to get to the top, and it felt like another year waiting for the drop. Holy cow! That is the most extreme ride I've ridden to date. My hands were shaking when we got back to the ground, and my sister was speechless for another five minutes! biggrin.gif

Oh god...

Hey, you still need to send me DVT

I'm actually finishing my polishing work on it, to improve it, of course. It's still the exact same design, I've just cleaned it up to give it less of a rough appearance. If you're at the slideshow, I'll bring in copies of that, I, Beast, TCOR, and if I get finished, AVD.

Probablly my first ride on Phantom Theater becaue as a child it was the only thing I would ride at the park. But as I got older my fondest memory would have to be my first ride on The Beast. I'll also never forget when the air conditioning was broke in Tomb Raider and we had to wait in line while it was burning up and there were employees going around apologizing to everyone.

Pirate of PKI, this thread, as I just found out is your favorite memory from the 2004 season.

UncleHenry, the reason I had posted what I did and not my memory from `04 was because I glanced at the title and missed the part about `04 and since you didn`t mention that part in your post, I posted my favorite memory of PKI all time. No biggie, sorry for being off topic.

My favorite memory of 2004 was back in July when the group I hang out with celebrated Coasterdime's 450th ride on Eagles. Me, and the entire gang took up all the flyers, and one of The Beast crew members (who shall remain nameless:D) gave us 2 rides. A wierd coincidence was after that night, was when Eagles started being closed more often because of maintinance issues...lol

fun times...ill never forget

Oh yeah! Slingshot is da best eva!

(especially if you've ridden it more than 30 times in one season)

I liked my first ride on Slingshot this year....and last year.......but this year was unbeliveable....i actually got used to riding DZ.......and getting good snaps in before the eagles went down, but the kicker of this season.....was the most shocking thing in my life.... Someone AAA'ng Legend Of Max on DDR, didnt phase the person when he got the AAA...and the eagles and 'Tiques being taken down.

32!!!!!! jerry.gif

30 times? Are you rich, or do you get to "test" it out as an employee for free? laugh.gif

30 times - that would be 600 bucks if you were a paying customer! ohmy.gif

I want to ride it at least twice next year - Im going to try and catch a sale when it comes up.

30 times? Are you rich, or do you get to "test" it out as an employee for free? laugh.gif

30 times - that would be 600 bucks if you were a paying customer! ohmy.gif

I want to ride it at least twice next year - Im going to try and catch a sale when it comes up.

Nathan and I got to ride $20 for the two of us and got the video for free on Gold Passholders' day.

When I rode it, with my uncle, it was only 20 bucks for both of us. We didn't get the video though. We rode it at night, so there wasn't much to see but me screaming like an Irish Schoolgirl. laugh.gif

I had a blast though. It is such a great ride, and I recommend it to anyone. Its probably the closest youll ever get to being an astronaut. You get to feel the launch, and the zero gravity all in one great ride! Well worth the pricetag - especially if you get a sale!

Thats awesome! You get to test ride rides as part of your job! I guess it makes sense - you shouldn't be running a ride you haven't ever rode. But that right there has to beat all the other perks of working there.

The only perk of working at Staples is an occasional 12% discount on everything except computers. unsure.gif

What is meant by level one?

Are you level 1 Alien Seed? I know it looked like it would be a fun job on that Tomb Raider video - where they show the ride from the control booth.

So I guess not all Rides associates can drive? Some are doomed to a season of restraint-checking? laugh.gif

Is it a seniority thing, or does it just mean you are trained more?

Ecshadow knows what it is like to be doomed to an entire season of seat-checking. I personally don't mind seat-checking that much on Delirium, but driving the ride gives me a good break from the ordinary. Sometimes people just need to sit down after a while. It took me a VERY long time to get signed off to drive my rides- but it was well worth the wait.

Driving is a coveted position on all the rides in the park, but some people are not trained for it for various reasons, one usually being that they don't prove themselves responsible enough to handle a multimillion dollar ride and carefully watch all operations so that safety is maintained.

Personally, I don't tend to like driving TRTR. It gets boring up there for me, except when I'm in the mood to make unusual spiels with the microphone. I'd much rather be "on the ground" in one of the two chambers or on the ride because I like talking to the guests and working all the theming effects, ie. preshow and "stone" doors.