Favorite Single Memory

stephenmayes

You pretty much gotta prove yourself that your capable of running the ride, its not something everybody gets trained at, ultimately the driver is in charge of the ride, they got to know all emergency procedures, and be able to carry them out if need be. Also TR:TR is the only ride you got to show you know what yoru doing to even get trained to check restraints, another hint dont keep asking the CT's to get trained at a position every day becasue if you do, you most likely wont get trained because it becomes fun to watch you ask all the time (I think phil knows what i mean).

Wait, didn`t PKI suspend the rule about making guests walk all the way around if there was no line. I know it used to be a rule, but I thought they dismissed the rule a couple of years ago. At Coney, we didn`t have a specific rule saying you had to walk around on the coaster. But often we did, because with only six people per train, there was often a line or people on the way to the line. Although I remember letting people stay on about four times one night before we closed.

I got to stay on a bunch on various rides. Vortex never let me - even if there was nobody in line. But SOB sure did - I got like 9 rides in a row without getting off. And I have got five on Beast, and 3 on recaR before without having to get off. I hope they dont enforce that rule, cause it works for the guests who want to stay on, and it works for the guests just now getting on because heavier trains are more exciting.

Plus it will seriously dampen my ability to set a new one day record for SOB next year! laugh.gif

My favorite memory of 2004 was back in July when the group I hang out with celebrated Coasterdime's 450th ride on Eagles.  Me, and the entire gang took up all the flyers, and one of The Beast crew members (who shall remain nameless:D) gave us 2 rides.  A wierd coincidence was after that night, was when Eagles started being closed more often because of maintinance issues...lol

fun times...ill never forget

Yep, that was 'good times.' We can't take the blame for breaking that ride, can we?!

My favorite memory of 2004 was back in July when the group I hang out with celebrated Coasterdime's 450th ride on Eagles.  Me, and the entire gang took up all the flyers, and one of The Beast crew members (who shall remain nameless:D) gave us 2 rides.  A wierd coincidence was after that night, was when Eagles started being closed more often because of maintinance issues...lol

fun times...ill never forget

Yep, that was 'good times.' We can't take the blame for breaking that ride, can we?!

I remember the first night that you guys broke them. People I didn't even know were asking me if I had done it, and I wasn't even there!

Now, the 2nd time they went down.... ::ducks away::

Yeah as far as the whole ride driver thing is concerened it really is a trust issue- If your sups trust you and think you are mature enough to handle the HUGE responsibliity that you undertake when you are driving a ride. There really is a lot that has to be done...although once you start driving it all becomes second nature. I was one of the lucky ones when it came to driving last year. I was signed off in about 5 weekends. Which is pretty fast considereing the ride. I worked on two big coasters in Gun/Sob so it was really cool to get signed off so early.

Howver, I will stress that driving is overrated for the most part---it is cool as dreamer said to get a chance to sit down, but being out and about and mingling with the guests and your fellow associates is what makes a job at PKI so much fun

My favorite memory is of a trip I took with my brother and two uncles this year...it was like old times. Back in the day, before Paramount, we used to take a trip every summer together to KI. Going with my uncles was always an adventure. After about five or six years, I underwent back surgery for scoliosis (sp?) and was not allowed to ride coasters for about five or six years sad.gif. Finally, one day I called the doctor who performed my surgery and asked if it was ok to ride again. The only thing he could tell me was, "If you ride and it hurts, don't ever do it again. If it doesn't hurt, I guess you're ok." Thank God that I took a spin on The Beast and nothing hurt. I don't know what I would have done without coasters...I guess I would have had to get another hobby. biggrin.gif

My favorite memory is of a trip I took with my brother and two uncles this year...it was like old times. Back in the day, before Paramount, we used to take a trip every summer together to KI. Going with my uncles was always an adventure. After about five or six years, I underwent back surgery for scoliosis (sp?) and was not allowed to ride coasters for about five or six years sad.gif. Finally, one day I called the doctor who performed my surgery and asked if it was ok to ride again. The only thing he could tell me was, "If you ride and it hurts, don't ever do it again. If it doesn't hurt, I guess you're ok." Thank God that I took a spin on The Beast and nothing hurt. I don't know what I would have done without coasters...I guess I would have had to get another hobby. biggrin.gif

oh wow, if i ever had that much pain, i would cry, not from the pain, but from the anguish of no coasters...

ehh...nevermind!!

oh ha ha ha, what about riding the raven 27, kajillion times until we got bruises on the last day in october...

how could i forget, those bruises were brutal.....but it was fun!! laugh.gif

are they still there!? october is fun! including going to Delirium and Drop Zone and freezing our feet and hands off because we were so dumb that we didnt bring gloves! HA!

ehh...nevermind!!

oh ha ha ha, what about riding the raven 27, kajillion times until we got bruises on the last day in october...

how could i forget, those bruises were brutal.....but it was fun!! laugh.gif

are they still there!? october is fun! including going to Delirium and Drop Zone and freezing our feet and hands off because we were so dumb that we didnt bring gloves! HA!

just as a side note, we were causing the raven-bruises, when riding facing forward, no pain, just good G-Forces... but when you do odd stuff like "the box" or "don't look back" it does leave bruises due to the location of your legs and thighs, it is so much fun though, we even hugged for the entire ride... that one hurt most, because it felt as if i were just laying on her... ha ha ha

but wow, that was fun,

Raven in the Dark anytime is excellent!