Cedar Point Wicked Twister replacement concept

I made a concept of a new Gerstlauer infinity coaster replacing Wicked Twister. It would be very similar to hangtime in theme and layout. In true Cedar Point fashion, it would take the record of the world's steepest drop and the tallest infinity coaster. Yes, I am well aware that the record breaking Gerstlauer is going to Glenwood Caverns, but I wouldn't completely rule out Cedar Point getting one as A) they fit in compact footprints (hangtime took up the space of a vekoma boomerang and some extra space around it) B: they are fairly cheap additions and C) it would look fantastic on the beachfront especially at night with the lighting package! I give you "Lake Erie Surf Rider"

Let's hear your ideas on what may replace Wicked Twister in 2022/23 or beyond! I'd love to hear different opinions!

Cedar Point gerstlauer (1).png

• Like 4

A GCI to me makes sense on another level as well.  The whole chain took a huge hit from the lack of a season last year, so going for a cheaper wooden coaster that you can get just a big a bang for what they'll pay for it makes sense.  Also, a boardwalk GCI sounds awesome.   Maybe they can get it to interact with GateKeeper somehow as well.

I am also hearing early, albeit unsubstantiated, rumors of MaXair's removal, which would be another real shame.  

• Sad 1

Cedar Point is and will always be a destination park. They're adding that Esports facility and trying to target newer demographics. They're going back to their standard practice of removing something old and putting in something new. A boardwalk themed area would certainly give more people a reason to go to the park. Wicked Twister, MaxAir, and Kidsville all occupy a somewhat dead spot of the park so it would make sense to remove them all for something new and exciting.

• Like 1

I'm curious about that as well. The other items in the book were retired rides so curious that  those two are shown.

MaxAir has been down a lot in recent years so could potentially see it removed.  It, along with WT's space and the stadium could open up a lot of space for a Boardwalk themed area along the beachline. As others suggested a new wooden coaster, which Cedar Point is lacking a good modern one for, that pays homage to the old Cyclone would be a great addition for the area.

• Like 1

It’s been a few years and I doubt I could find the interview if I tried but Cedar Fair executives have spoken before about what they want in this location.  I want to say it was the old CEO who made the comment.  But in short they wanted to give the area the feel of a classic beach boardwalk and put in an older style wooden coaster.  I think it was around when Cedar Point added the path around the outside of the park on the beach.

Pretty sure this was what started the Wicked Twister removal rumors a few years ago.  The comments are a few years old but frankly I am expecting a boardwalk area with a modern wooden coaster that looks like it’s an older ride, my guess is GCI.

Cedar Point tends to move flat rides around to help make room so if the layout needs it I would not be surprised to see other attractions move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1