Fast Lane + experiences and expectations?

YOULLBEBACK

Earlier in the season, I recall stories of very long lines even with FL+.  With the weekends being so busy all year, I was curious if that was the case?  I would hate to buy them only to end up waiting 30+ minutes for the more popular rides.   We can’t make it out as much as we'd like but would consider this option, but don't want to buy them if they are over sold.  Since it seems to be a busy year I thought I’d ask.  

51 minutes ago, YOULLBEBACK said:

Earlier in the season, I recall stories of very long lines even with FL+.  With the weekends being so busy all year, I was curious if that was the case?  I would hate to buy them only to end up waiting 30+ minutes for the more popular rides.   We can’t make it out as much as we'd like but would consider this option, but don't want to buy them if they are over sold.  Since it seems to be a busy year I thought I’d ask.  

Personally we haven't had bad waits. The only 2 we've had longer waits on were FoF and Beast. Those were around 30 minutes on a Saturday at the end of July. There was an increased crowd due to Carnivale, so I assume that impacts it a bit. Previous visits were maybe 20 minute waits at the most.

• Like 1

If you time it right, most FastLane+ waits will be under 10 minutes. Occasionally, the waits will be a little longer, but my advice would be to come back to rides later that have long FastLane+ waits because they usually don’t stay long all day. It really depends on how busy Kings Island is. Weekends in May and Saturdays in July were very busy, so these days probably had longer FastLane+ waits. However, on the average weekday, FastLane+ usually results in a walk-on. I know that Kings Island is moving to weekend only operations soon, so I would say that FastLane+ is definitely worth it if you plan to go on a Saturday. Flight of Fear will probably be the longest wait due to its low capacity. I still wouldn’t expect any FastLane+ waits to be over 20 minutes, and most will probably be around 10. If you go during Halloween Haunt, though, the FastLane+ lines will probably be longer just with how crowded the park gets.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PatchesC said:

Personally we haven't had bad waits. The only 2 we've had longer waits on were FoF and Beast. Those were around 30 minutes on a Saturday at the end of July. There was an increased crowd due to Carnivale, so I assume that impacts it a bit. Previous visits were maybe 20 minute waits at the most.

5 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

If you time it right, most FastLane+ waits will be under 10 minutes. Occasionally, the waits will be a little longer, but my advice would be to come back to rides later that have long FastLane+ waits because they usually don’t stay long all day. It really depends on how busy Kings Island is. Weekends in May and Saturdays in July were very busy, so these days probably had longer FastLane+ waits. However, on the average weekday, FastLane+ usually results in a walk-on. I know that Kings Island is moving to weekend only operations soon, so I would say that FastLane+ is definitely worth it if you plan to go on a Saturday. Flight of Fear will probably be the longest wait due to its low capacity. I still wouldn’t expect any FastLane+ waits to be over 20 minutes, and most will probably be around 10. If you go during Halloween Haunt, though, the FastLane+ lines will probably be longer just with how crowded the park gets.

Thanks for your input!