50th Anniversary Updates

FUN&ONLY!

I wouldn`t say a foundation design error is to blame.  More likely, the fill that was brought in has settled some, and maybe the foundation has settled more than originally designed for.  When designing foundations, you typically cannot build on fill dirt without doing lots of special things.  Most times, the foundations will go through the fill dirt down to undisturbed soils.

I agree that there is a strong vibration in that area.  I wish it could be easily remedied.  The fact that it hasn`t been corrected, suggests that it is not a simple/cheap fix.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Racer and Carousel look beautiful. 

Did they repaint the whirly birds?  I assume so, and even though my kids have outgrown them and were never all that into them, I've always hoped those would disappear for the many parents forced to endure that contraption on a hot summer day :)  My 2nd least favorite attraction in the entire park, right after Sally's Sea Plane.

• Like 3

Not sure if this is the correct thread to put this (as there is not a "Kings Island 2022 thread" to my knowledge), but I just saw a segment on Channel 12 (news station in the Greater Cincinnati area) talking about some of the history of Kings Island with some past pictures and video from back in the day. They talked about Racer, The Beast, Vortex, and King Cobra, as well as mentioning Orion and Diamondback. I looked at the photo/video credits in the corner and I recognized Brian Lamm, Coasterbob62 and PsycloneSteve. The latter two have great retro footage of Kings Island and other theme parks form back in the day. 

• Like 2

It appears that in Rivertown, Diamondback Trading Post, Miami River Brewhouse, Rivertown Auntie Anne’s, and the Rivertown Arcade and Coca-Cola building were repainted. They looked great! Miami River Brewhouse looked much better with fresh paint and without the pictures of food on the outside. Also, it looks like Hank’s Mexican Grill got a repaint as well as the First Aid building in Planet Snoopy. Overall, the park looked really good even though some stuff looked incomplete. In addition to what others have said, some of the landscaping appeared incomplete, and Backlot Stunt Coaster only had two trains ready. These things will probably be addressed in the coming weeks, but still, the park looked really good today!

• Like 2

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic