50th Anniversary Updates

FUN&ONLY!

Check this out from Baynum:

186C03C1-A341-4524-8834-63CD658351A0.png

Also: https://www.journal-news.com/news/kings-island-to-host-50th-anniversary-celebration-ceremony-on-friday/Y6UUHT42VVHTLEKAIF6RADUNI4/

For the people keeping track at home, the owner of ITPS is “Dennis Speigel” not “Spiegel.” It’s misspelled in this article. Then again, it’s misspelled in every article. I wonder how that happened. 

• Like 4

Check this out from Baynum:
186C03C1-A341-4524-8834-63CD658351A0.thumb.png.103a4c43188f1ab2dd69b31707f42e15.png

Also: https://www.journal-news.com/news/kings-island-to-host-50th-anniversary-celebration-ceremony-on-friday/Y6UUHT42VVHTLEKAIF6RADUNI4/
For the people keeping track at home, the owner of ITPS is “Dennis Speigel” not “Spiegel.” It’s misspelled in this article. Then again, it’s misspelled in every article. I wonder how that happened. 

It’s going to an awesome show. I can’t wait to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

"i before e, except after c" is how LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

In the first picture, have those storage crates always been there in The Vortex plot of land?

I think they are new, but I would not count them out being apart of the Windseeker project. There was a minivan parked by them earlier.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I think they are new, but I would not count them out being apart of the WindSeeker project. There was a minivan parked by them earlier.

I agree, I was about to say something about that. I think the supplies for whatever they needed for WindSeeker arrived.

I missed the days special events (Apr 29), despite being there for 12 hours. But I'm so glad I was there. Ride operations were firing on all cylinders and crowds were mostly pretty light. Decided to ride a number of rides that I hadn't ridden in a while and one I had never ridden.

Racer was looking pretty (even the restraints got a refresh). The walk up to Adventure Express is a bit odd with the trees missing and the queue painted white.

Met a guy wearing a King Cobra shirt in the Delirium line. I meant to ask if he was a KICer but didn't get the chance.

Oh, and I like the new fries at Coney BBQ. The burnt ends were pretty good too. 

• Like 2

Was that guy perhaps me @DoomPlague? I had a King Cobra shirt on as well as a tan button up shirt over that.

Also, I had a great day! Started the day getting my book signed by Mike and Evan as well as getting to meet Dennis Speigal. Rode a ton including every coaster except Adventure Express, Flight of Fear, Mystic Timbers and Woodstock Express (and if we are getting technical, Red Racer) as well as Drop Zone, Delirium, Surf Dog and Linus Launchers. Got to see some KICers as well as a friend who came in for the special day. It was a fun, but long day and I loved the fact that it wasn't terribly crowded. As a note, Flying Ace runs much better thanks to the new paint job - it feels more like an Inverted version of a Wild Mouse coaster as opposed to feeling super sketchy and rough. On the same (Vekoma) track, I got a rare ride on Invertigo (as it's either down or the line is long) and it was pretty good.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Was that guy perhaps me @DoomPlague? I had a King Cobra shirt on as well as a tan button up shirt over that.

Also, I had a great day! Started the day getting my book signed by Mike and Evan as well as getting to meet Dennis Speigal. Rode a ton including every coaster except Adventure Express, Flight of Fear, Mystic Timbers and Woodstock Express (and if we are getting technical, Red Racer) as well as Drop Zone, Delirium, Surf Dog and Linus Launchers. Got to see some KICers as well as a friend who came in for the special day. It was a fun, but long day and I loved that fact that it wasn't terribly crowded. As a note, Flying Ace runs much better thanks to the new paint job - it feels more like an Inverted version of a Wild Mouse coaster as opposed to feeling super sketchy and rough. On the same (Vekoma) track, I got a rare ride on Invertigo (as it's either down or the line is long) and it was pretty good.

Sounds like it. My brother and I were next to you in line on Delirium and I had a Beast shirt under a purplish over-shirt. Thought about trying to say hi to some other KIC people but I haven't been active here that much and I'm not especially outgoing (quite the opposite). Pleasure meeting you anyway.

Today was actually my first ride on FAAC or any Vekoma FSC. So I can't say how it was running but can see why people call them hang-n-bangs (though at my height there's no head banging at least).

Despite aiming to ride some low capacity rides (Monster, Scrambler, Zephyr, FAAC), I still managed 30 rides total if you count a trip up the tower.

• Like 3

Absolutely agreed.....I love what Kings Island's doing for the 50th Anniversary Golden Celebration.....Really, I enjoyed being at my beloved Cedar Fair home park, Kings Island last week got everything related to the 50th Anniversary consisted of my own Kings Island 50th Anniversary gold all season bottle (similar to Cedar Point's 150 Years), program guide/map, King Crown hat, 50th Anniversary schedule card and finally my Kings Island 50th Anniversary Birthday Bash button....   I put my Kings Island 50th Anniversary  Birthday Bash button/pin on my Orion lanyard last week and it's still there with me.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Shaggy said:

Doesnt anyone else find it ironic that the "Golden Celebration" sweatshirt has silver lettering? ;-)

Most definitely, It says gold right in the logo but it is silver. Granted I am not a fan of gold and would rather have the silver lettering, it is a bit ironic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brenthodge said:

Wonder why the impressive row of banners lining the front walkway have been replaced with dinky plastic flower barrels?! It was too good to last I guess. 

I believe they got damaged by wind, unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ahhh that’s sad, but makes sense. I applaud them for doing “something” but the dinky plastic petunia tubs just look silly. Maybe they are coming back since they left the holes and just covered them with the little pots. On a related note of petunias, the park has definitely upped the landscaping budget thus year. Should look amazing in a week or two with the rain we’ve had and the amount of stuff they’ve planted. Long unloved mulch bad scare coming to life finally. Now if the yahoos just keep their annoying kids out of the planters we will be set! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

Now if the yahoos just keep their annoying kids out of the planters we will be set! 

Last weekend we saw a full family walk onto the date display for a picture. It was hard not saying something as I walked by them. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Last weekend we saw a full family walk onto the date display for a picture. It was hard not saying something as I walked by them. 

They raised it a few years ago thinking that would help LOL. There’s this ridiculous sense of entitlement. That’s why the zoo has replaced MANY TIMES the statue/planter at the front entrance. My kids used to try to climb on the fiberglass rhinos and I would loudly say “those aren’t for climbing on-some parents just don’t care that their kids are destroying things, but we aren’t those kind of people” SOMETIMES the other parents would actually get their kids down-rarely though. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Snowball said:

I believe they got damaged by wind, unfortunately.

They put them in for opening weekend and then put them back for the 29th. I think they're only putting them out when they need them because of the wind risk. I'd imagine they'll be back for the celebration.

• Like 1

Yeah, the poles for those looked a little too flimsy for wind, especially out in a parking lot where wind once toppled an entire marquee sign.

On 5/11/2022 at 2:26 PM, Oldschool75 said:

Honestly they have been doing good on merch until I saw these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 1972-2022 one is okay, but the others are a mangled version of the actual 50th logo.

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic