50th Anniversary Updates

FUN&ONLY!

wouldn't an AIR CONDITIONED space with protection from the elements made WAY more sense? This is nice - don't get me wrong, but this could've almost just been a Golden Celebration patio with drinks and light bites for adults only and then do VIP in a place that actually has a benefit on a hot, stormy day. You can't tell me there aren't a few places that they could've use event $$ to rehab into a "lounge" that then could've stayed with minimal rethemeing after the 50th. Even like KILLMART building or heck - swap out the BierGarden for this and let the covered patio  (and kitchen access) be a true VIP lounge - then move the bar over to this area for the summer. This just doesn't seem like a spot I'd pay ANYTHING extra to sit in on a humid July day. Odd choice as it seems like its taking a lot of effort to still not really have a quality product. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I wish the park would have thought of a nicer name than V.I.P., it sounds too egotistical for me. ( For lack of a better word.) I have never felt comfortable even participating in things titled like this. I do not think that simply having more available spending money than someone else makes that person a “Very Important Person”.  I think they should have just given it more of a generic name…something like The Coaster Lounge, The Action Lounge, The Coaster Zone…The Oasis…something that sounds more like a destination, and not a statement. 

(Yes, I would dump the V.I.P. From the tour title too…just call it an “All Access Tour” package.)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, standbyme said:

I wish the park would have thought of a nicer name than V.I.P., it sounds too egotistical for me. ( For lack of a better word.) I have never felt comfortable even participating in things titled like this. I do not think that simply having more available spending money than someone else makes that person a “Very Important Person”.  I think they should have just given it more of a generic name…something like The Coaster Lounge, The Action Lounge, The Coaster Zone…The Oasis…something that sounds more like a destination, and not a statement. 

(Yes, I would dump the V.I.P. From the tour title too…just call it an “All Access Tour” package.)

I feel the same way. I don't ever want to pay money to call myself "important"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I’m more excited for this than I have been for anything the park has done in the past decade or so. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KIEagle33 said:

I don't know about that. I think Mystic Timbers was pretty exciting!

Probably the most excited I’ve been was for Diamondback. This is the next thing after that. I love the nightly show and this is a dream come true situation for me. 

• Like 3

Does IR have a baklcony? It looks like those pics were taken on one (or that may be the big picture window of the restaruarnt...).

As for the fireworks show, it was pretty cool. I liked all the pyrotechnics, especially the fire during the Haunt section (one of my favorite times of the year!). Also, the drones were cool- this is the first time I've actually seen a production use drones, and it was really neat how

Spoiler

words were spelled out in the sky as well as that roller coaster image with dots representing cars the track (can't figure out how they pulled that one off... was there a second set of drones directly above the "track" that acted as the cars?).

Overall, pretty cool. And also, was that salute to America (I think that's what it was; the audio wasn't the best where I stood) part of the show, or was that just added for Memorial Day?

• Like 1

Saw the show tonight and it was AMAZING.  I did notice that the last two sections did not incorporate the drones.  Was that by design or have they not finished the drone programing?  Just wondering.  The rollercoaster effect with them was incredible and when they imitated fireworks was amazing as well.  Definitely a crowd pleaser!  Can't wait to see it again.

One thing about Club KI.  They had a "dance off" with 3 contestants of which looked to be between 7 and 12.  The "prize" was a Fast Lane pass?  Kind of hooks mom or dad into buying one for themselves doesn't it?  Don't get me wrong, I think it's a very generous gift but for the ages they will have participating, it seems like a tshirt and button would have been plenty.  Unless of course I'm proven wrong and we see some 20 - 30 year olds up there tomorrow night :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robintodd said:

Saw the show tonight and it was AMAZING.  I did notice that the last two sections did not incorporate the drones.  Was that by design or have they not finished the drone programing?  Just wondering.  The rollercoaster effect with them was incredible and when they imitated fireworks was amazing as well.  Definitely a crowd pleaser!  Can't wait to see it again.

One thing about Club KI.  They had a "dance off" with 3 contestants of which looked to be between 7 and 12.  The "prize" was a Fast Lane pass?  Kind of hooks mom or dad into buying one for themselves doesn't it?  Don't get me wrong, I think it's a very generous gift but for the ages they will have participating, it seems like a tshirt and button would have been plenty.  Unless of course I'm proven wrong and we see some 20 - 30 year olds up there tomorrow night :)

I’ve heard that drones like the ones that are are used in this display tend to have a battery life shorter than 15 minutes, unfortunately. Perhaps different batteries would help, but then again, I don’t know anything about the drones. I just do lighting and lasers.

6 hours ago, Snowball said:

I’ve heard that drones like the ones that are are used in this display tend to have a battery life shorter than 15 minutes, unfortunately. Perhaps different batteries would help, but then again, I don’t know anything about the drones. I just do lighting and lasers.

That would make sense.  Either way they are spectacular and I can imagine them using them in future years or when they go back to a general nightly show.  I imagine they are pretty cost effective and the effects are incredible.

11 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Does IR have a baklcony? It looks like those pics were taken on one (or that may be the big picture window of the restaruarnt...).

As for the fireworks show, it was pretty cool. I liked all the pyrotechnics, especially the fire during the Haunt section (one of my favorite times of the year!). Also, the drones were cool- this is the first time I've actually seen a production use drones, and it was really neat how

Hide contents

words were spelled out in the sky as well as that roller coaster image with dots representing cars the track (can't figure out how they pulled that one off... was there a second set of drones directly above the "track" that acted as the cars?).

Overall, pretty cool. And also, was that salute to America (I think that's what it was; the audio wasn't the best where I stood) part of the show, or was that just added for Memorial Day?

Yes, it has a balcony, or rather the room next to the IR has a balcony. I remember one time walking around IS and looking up, seeing Don on the balcony taking pictures a few years ago.  Btw the show is great, good job KI and the company doing it! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

Yes, it has a balcony, or rather the room next to the IR has a balcony. I remember one time walking around IS and looking up, seeing Don on the balcony taking pictures a few years ago.  Btw the show is great, good job KI and the company doing it! 

I am not sure I would call it a balcony. It is more of a roof access with a high ledge. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 3:35 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Honestly, I would love if somehow someway they could build a patio off the International Restaurant so you can view the fireworks from there. 

What time do the fireworks usually start? So is it like after 10 when rides are closed for the night or is it when the rides are running?

The fireworks usually start around 10 o clock. IIRC, lines typically close around 10, but rides may still be running during the fireworks (exceptions being Beast, Orion and I think Blue Racer) as those in line before 10 can ride. For the three exceptions I mentioned, their lines close around 10 (sometimes earlier for Beast), but those in line can still ride after the fireworks end.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

The fireworks usually start around 10 o clock. IIRC, lines typically close around 10, but rides may still be running during the fireworks (exceptions being Beast, Orion and I think Blue Racer) as those in line before 10 can ride. For the three exceptions I mentioned, their lines close around 10 (sometimes earlier for Beast), but those in line can still ride after the fireworks end.

So Beast and Orion don’t run during Fireworks?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

So Beast and Orion don’t run during Fireworks?

No they do not.  Beast and Orion will start up after given the all clear.  Blue Racer remains closed. 

And this year because of the drones, WindSeeker and Shake, Rattle, Roll shut down as well before 10pm.

• Like 4

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic