50th Anniversary Updates

FUN&ONLY!

7 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

No they do not.  Beast and Orion will start up after given the all clear.  Blue Racer remains closed. 

And this year because of the drones, WindSeeker and Shake, Rattle, Roll shut down as well before 10pm.

So just to clear things up if you get in line for Orion before 10 while the fireworks are going once they get the all clear you can still get on the ride?

4 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

So just to clear things up if you get in line for Orion before 10 while the fireworks are going once they get the all clear you can still get on the ride?

If you are in line for Orion or Beast before 10pm, yes you will still ride after the all clear.  On a busy Saturday, that may be after midnight if you got in line just before the line closed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, disco2000 said:

If you are in line for Orion or Beast before 10pm, yes you will still ride after the all clear.  On a busy Saturday, that may be after midnight if you got in line just before the line closed.

Ok thank you! I was planning to get my first night rides on Orion soon and this helps a lot!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Agreed. Also, Adventure Express is fun at night as well.

It used to be my second favorite night ride until Mystic Timbers opened (and before Banshee made them clear the trees around the ruins helix)

• Like 2

I was at the park yesterday. Stayed til 10 to watch the fireworks show. It was a pretty good show but I found it very odd the drones were behind the eiffiel tower. We couldnt see them from the front of the fountains near the entrance plaza. Had to walk down and all the way around Eiffel Tower. Once we got down there though they were awesome.

Tip - if you want to see the drones the best spot is between Eiffel Tower and the junkyard.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tks944 said:

I was at the park yesterday. Stayed til 10 to watch the fireworks show. It was a pretty good show but I found it very odd the drones were behind the eiffiel tower. We couldnt see them from the front of the fountains near the entrance plaza. Had to walk down and all the way around Eiffel Tower. Once we got down there though they were awesome.

Tip - if you want to see the drones the best spot is between Eiffel Tower and the junkyard.

I love that there is so much going on in the show that you really need to see it more than once to get it all. And as pointed out, some things don’t even read “best” from the front. It’s like the show can involve you from multiple areas of the park. Anyone know if the soundtrack plays park-wide? 

5 hours ago, tks944 said:

I don’t think the drones being behind the tower is intentional. I think it’s supposed to be proportional to the fireworks but on the right side of the tower. It seems like most of the time it does that but sometimes it doesn’t. Last night  the classic KI logo was directly behind the tower but the rest of the formations were to the right. I don’t know if this can be adjusted or if it just has to do with wind parters or whatever. 

What will be interesting is that it might rain tonight. Almost all of the show can go in the rain. The drones probably can’t.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brenthodge said:

I love that there is so much going on in the show that you really need to see it more than once to get it all. And as pointed out, some things don’t even read “best” from the front. It’s like the show can involve you from multiple areas of the park. Anyone know if the soundtrack plays park-wide? 

It used to, I wouldn't see why it wouldn't.

Does anyone (on here :P) know if the Gold Pass 50th Anniversary VIP Tour giveaway winner has been announced? I asked a few times yesterday and no one seemed to know. Just to catch everyone up to speed, every passholder visit to the park (as in, every scan of the pass- once per day) through mid 15th got you a chance to win thru PassPerks. For example, since I made 4 visits before May 15th, I would be entered 4 times into the drawing.I am wondering as I have not heard anything about this since I got the e-mails about it. TIA.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Does anyone (on here :P) know if the Gold Pass 50th Anniversary VIP Tour giveaway winner has been announced? I asked a few times yesterday and no one seemed to know. Just to catch everyone up to speed, every passholder visit to the park (as in, every scan of the pass- once per day) through mid 15th got you a chance to win thru PassPerks. For example, since I made 4 visits before May 15th, I would be entered 4 times into the drawing.I am wondering as I have not heard anything about this since I got the e-mails about it. TIA.

Sorry I didn’t know about the give away so I can’t answer that, but I assume it already did before the 28th. That is my best guess.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

What will be interesting is that it might rain tonight. Almost all of the show can go in the rain. The drones probably can’t.

That's exactly what happened tonight. No drones but thankfully the rain held off and the rest of the show went on like usual.

• Like 2

Anybody wondering if the “street party” wasn’t going to be that big of a deal (due to the little info the park has shared about it) I think the worries can go away. The float tent is filling up. In addition to the giant cake that we’ve already seen, there are now giant present stacks, lots of “components” and what looks to be several “push units” with 50th branding. This is gonna be as big as everything else they’ve done to date. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Was great to see Mike K at the bandstand around 9:30 tonight. Busy night at the park, and cool to see the senior(est) of management in the trenches with a radio doing crowd control. Gave him, the local and corporate team major props for the “blow the mouse outta da 50th water” experience they keep building this season. He smiled and said “I’ve kinda heard that” when I mentioned there’s this other park in FL, also celebrating a 50th, but blowing it with their loyal fan-base when it comes to playing to history and nostalgia.  I truly believed him when he said “that really means a lot” to hear that this season is connecting with people. I think they need to know that all of the effort certainly is noted and appreciated. I’d love to see what they could’ve done with another 30-50k, but I’m in no way “disappointed”. It was cool to introduce my 7 year old to him and tell him “that’s the guy that runs KI”. To which my son said “you’re his FRIEND?” (LOL, I’m not) Major “cool dad points”. Thanks again team KI for all you’re doing to engage us this season. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Mike Koontz is cool; I saw him shortly after walking in yesterday :D

Also, good to know about the progress of the 50th street party floats; anyone (on here...) know when that starts?

Next Sat18th at 6pm. The last entertainment add is the 25th with OffTheRails, which is also looking better each time I’m there. I’m not sure if it is staffing, budgeting or intentional to “build over time” but the slow start to the 50th has been pretty smart in that I’ve had a reason almost every week to go see something new. 

• Like 3

I saw rehearsals for the OffTheRails show.  It was the performers, not the riders.  8 female dancers and 8 drummers.  What I saw looked really great and it looks like it will be a show featuring BMX/Trampoline segments as opposed to just a BMP/Trampoline exposition.  Can't wait to see it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, robintodd said:

I saw rehearsals for the OffTheRails show.  It was the performers, not the riders.  8 female dancers and 8 drummers.  What I saw looked really great and it looks like it will be a show featuring BMX/Trampoline segments as opposed to just a BMP/Trampoline exposition.  Can't wait to see it.

Yes, the description is sounding better-I was afraid it was “Dog Show 2.0 with scooters” and a waste of that space. It seems to have a bit of an “ordinary kid starts to live their dreams-cirque-type plot.  Athletes come together for a live action stunt spectacular where extraordinary, high-flying feats of courage inspire an all-too-ordinary dreamer to take their very first step Off the Rails. 

• Like 3

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic