50th Anniversary Updates

FUN&ONLY!

17 minutes ago, KIfan73 said:

I didn't end up seeing this in person this year.  They did such a good job with this.

Awesome video. This is like the final “definitive” version. The source audio was great in that you hear hi much detail really went into the theme music. Sone of that was lost in person. Awesome job everyone. I saw the show 5-6 times and sitting here on phone STILL get a bit choked up. They NAILED the emoji piece! 

• Like 4

I hate to say it, but I’m becoming a little fatigued by all of the 50th Anniversary stuff coming out. I don’t appreciate that this set comes with the same pin & keychain as the first 50th Anniversary set which was released earlier in the year…so I don’t need more of those…I want the coin, but I might just pass on this one. 827779B6-F0EB-45D3-A829-22A37B6C4417.jpeg

2 hours ago, standbyme said:

I hate to say it, but I’m becoming a little fatigued by all of the 50th Anniversary stuff coming out. I don’t appreciate that this set comes with the same pin & keychain as the first 50th Anniversary set which was released earlier in the year…so I don’t need more of those…I want the coin, but I might just pass on this one. 827779B6-F0EB-45D3-A829-22A37B6C4417.jpeg

Maybe they will sell the coin separately at the park?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Maybe they will sell the coin separately at the park?

Seriously hoping for this, I was upset to see that we didn't get a coin for the anniversary like Cedar Point did; and for a package that I really only want 2 of the 4 items to spend such a price is a big ask. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BB1 said:

Seriously hoping for this, I was upset to see that we didn't get a coin for the anniversary like Cedar Point did; and for a package that I really only want 2 of the 4 items to spend such a price is a big ask. 

I have one of the ultra-rare opening day bronze coins from the 1972 grand opening of KI in my personal collection.   

So I am very glad to see that they are offering one for the 50th!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 3:43 AM, standbyme said:
I am assuming this is not the coin you are talking about, correct? If so, would you mind sharing a picture of it? (So I can be on the lookout for it!  )
F44888C7-C118-492F-ABE6-1EE433F157FC.thumb.jpeg.d11dd42f0e74b9b64554bd52e444bb95.jpeg

That has been on my radar. If it pops up be prepared for a bidding war. lol

EDIT: Also, there are 2 versions of this medallion. The one pictured above is the one that was offered at Kings Island For Sale to the public and only 1.5".

The other (below) is the one that was handed to Full Time Staff and big wigs at Taft and was 2.5". That one is my holy grail of KI collectibles. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OpeningDay_Employee_Medallion.jpg

Medallion Log.jpg

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic