Jump to content

50th Anniversary Updates


FUN&ONLY!
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

No they do not.  Beast and Orion will start up after given the all clear.  Blue Racer remains closed. 

And this year because of the drones, WindSeeker and Shake, Rattle, Roll shut down as well before 10pm.

So just to clear things up if you get in line for Orion before 10 while the fireworks are going once they get the all clear you can still get on the ride?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

So just to clear things up if you get in line for Orion before 10 while the fireworks are going once they get the all clear you can still get on the ride?

If you are in line for Orion or Beast before 10pm, yes you will still ride after the all clear.  On a busy Saturday, that may be after midnight if you got in line just before the line closed.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, disco2000 said:

If you are in line for Orion or Beast before 10pm, yes you will still ride after the all clear.  On a busy Saturday, that may be after midnight if you got in line just before the line closed.

Ok thank you! I was planning to get my first night rides on Orion soon and this helps a lot!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

No they do not.  Beast and Orion will start up after given the all clear.  Blue Racer remains closed. 

And this year because of the drones, WindSeeker and Shake, Rattle, Roll shut down as well before 10pm.

Also, the tower won't be open to view the fireworks this year because of the lasers. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Also, the tower won't be open to view the fireworks this year because of the lasers. 

Thanks that is good to know.

Does anyone have anymore tips that would help with getting my first night rides?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not too much, just make sure you get in line before they close the line. Along with the usual awesome night rides such as Beast, DB, Orion, and others, I highly recommend riding The Bat at night.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Agreed. Also, Adventure Express is fun at night as well.

It used to be my second favorite night ride until Mystic Timbers opened (and before Banshee made them clear the trees around the ruins helix)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was at the park yesterday. Stayed til 10 to watch the fireworks show. It was a pretty good show but I found it very odd the drones were behind the eiffiel tower. We couldnt see them from the front of the fountains near the entrance plaza. Had to walk down and all the way around Eiffel Tower. Once we got down there though they were awesome.

 

Tip - if you want to see the drones the best spot is between Eiffel Tower and the junkyard.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, tks944 said:

I was at the park yesterday. Stayed til 10 to watch the fireworks show. It was a pretty good show but I found it very odd the drones were behind the eiffiel tower. We couldnt see them from the front of the fountains near the entrance plaza. Had to walk down and all the way around Eiffel Tower. Once we got down there though they were awesome.

 

Tip - if you want to see the drones the best spot is between Eiffel Tower and the junkyard.

I love that there is so much going on in the show that you really need to see it more than once to get it all. And as pointed out, some things don’t even read “best” from the front. It’s like the show can involve you from multiple areas of the park. Anyone know if the soundtrack plays park-wide? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, tks944 said:

I was at the park yesterday. Stayed til 10 to watch the fireworks show. It was a pretty good show but I found it very odd the drones were behind the eiffiel tower. We couldnt see them from the front of the fountains near the entrance plaza. Had to walk down and all the way around Eiffel Tower. Once we got down there though they were awesome.

 

Tip - if you want to see the drones the best spot is between Eiffel Tower and the junkyard.

I don’t think the drones being behind the tower is intentional. I think it’s supposed to be proportional to the fireworks but on the right side of the tower. It seems like most of the time it does that but sometimes it doesn’t. Last night  the classic KI logo was directly behind the tower but the rest of the formations were to the right. I don’t know if this can be adjusted or if it just has to do with wind parters or whatever. 
 

What will be interesting is that it might rain tonight. Almost all of the show can go in the rain. The drones probably can’t.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, brenthodge said:

I love that there is so much going on in the show that you really need to see it more than once to get it all. And as pointed out, some things don’t even read “best” from the front. It’s like the show can involve you from multiple areas of the park. Anyone know if the soundtrack plays park-wide? 

It used to, I wouldn't see why it wouldn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone (on here :P) know if the Gold Pass 50th Anniversary VIP Tour giveaway winner has been announced? I asked a few times yesterday and no one seemed to know. Just to catch everyone up to speed, every passholder visit to the park (as in, every scan of the pass- once per day) through mid 15th got you a chance to win thru PassPerks. For example, since I made 4 visits before May 15th, I would be entered 4 times into the drawing.I am wondering as I have not heard anything about this since I got the e-mails about it. TIA.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Does anyone (on here :P) know if the Gold Pass 50th Anniversary VIP Tour giveaway winner has been announced? I asked a few times yesterday and no one seemed to know. Just to catch everyone up to speed, every passholder visit to the park (as in, every scan of the pass- once per day) through mid 15th got you a chance to win thru PassPerks. For example, since I made 4 visits before May 15th, I would be entered 4 times into the drawing.I am wondering as I have not heard anything about this since I got the e-mails about it. TIA.

Sorry I didn’t know about the give away so I can’t answer that, but I assume it already did before the 28th. That is my best guess.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

What will be interesting is that it might rain tonight. Almost all of the show can go in the rain. The drones probably can’t.

That's exactly what happened tonight. No drones but thankfully the rain held off and the rest of the show went on like usual.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chuck norris said:

Anyone know if there is an event this weekend?
Lots of tents in the bus parking area.

df52407dffd5265e68c4436a5f7bb387.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this JDRF weekend? I think they do tents in the lot. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anybody wondering if the “street party” wasn’t going to be that big of a deal (due to the little info the park has shared about it) I think the worries can go away. The float tent is filling up. In addition to the giant cake that we’ve already seen, there are now giant present stacks, lots of “components” and what looks to be several “push units” with 50th branding. This is gonna be as big as everything else they’ve done to date. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was great to see Mike K at the bandstand around 9:30 tonight. Busy night at the park, and cool to see the senior(est) of management in the trenches with a radio doing crowd control. Gave him, the local and corporate team major props for the “blow the mouse outta da 50th water” experience they keep building this season. He smiled and said “I’ve kinda heard that” when I mentioned there’s this other park in FL, also celebrating a 50th, but blowing it with their loyal fan-base when it comes to playing to history and nostalgia.  I truly believed him when he said “that really means a lot” to hear that this season is connecting with people. I think they need to know that all of the effort certainly is noted and appreciated. I’d love to see what they could’ve done with another 30-50k, but I’m in no way “disappointed”. It was cool to introduce my 7 year old to him and tell him “that’s the guy that runs KI”. To which my son said “you’re his FRIEND?” (LOL, I’m not) Major “cool dad points”. Thanks again team KI for all you’re doing to engage us this season. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mike Koontz is cool; I saw him shortly after walking in yesterday :D

Also, good to know about the progress of the 50th street party floats; anyone (on here...) know when that starts?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Mike Koontz is cool; I saw him shortly after walking in yesterday :D

Also, good to know about the progress of the 50th street party floats; anyone (on here...) know when that starts?

Next Sat18th at 6pm. The last entertainment add is the 25th with OffTheRails, which is also looking better each time I’m there. I’m not sure if it is staffing, budgeting or intentional to “build over time” but the slow start to the 50th has been pretty smart in that I’ve had a reason almost every week to go see something new. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw rehearsals for the OffTheRails show.  It was the performers, not the riders.  8 female dancers and 8 drummers.  What I saw looked really great and it looks like it will be a show featuring BMX/Trampoline segments as opposed to just a BMP/Trampoline exposition.  Can't wait to see it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, robintodd said:

I saw rehearsals for the OffTheRails show.  It was the performers, not the riders.  8 female dancers and 8 drummers.  What I saw looked really great and it looks like it will be a show featuring BMX/Trampoline segments as opposed to just a BMP/Trampoline exposition.  Can't wait to see it.

Yes, the description is sounding better-I was afraid it was “Dog Show 2.0 with scooters” and a waste of that space. It seems to have a bit of an “ordinary kid starts to live their dreams-cirque-type plot.  Athletes come together for a live action stunt spectacular where extraordinary, high-flying feats of courage inspire an all-too-ordinary dreamer to take their very first step Off the Rails. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...