Top Thrill Dragster Incident

With the cost of new trains and launch system combined with new theming, I can't imagine there will be a whole lot more spent on anything else. Would I like to see something else? Yes. Do I think there will be added layout? Just my opinion, but I can't imagine anything more than say an airtime hill similar to Kingda Ka. Of course, I could also be proven wrong, but I would still be surprised.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KIBeast said:

With the cost of new trains and launch system combined with new theming, I can't imagine there will be a whole lot more spent on anything else. Would I like to see something else? Yes. Do I think there will be added layout? Just my opinion, but I can't imagine anything more than say an airtime hill similar to Kingda Ka. Of course, I could also be proven wrong, but I would still be surprised.

I agree. I don’t think they will add much onto the layout, maybe 1 or 2 more elements. I hope they decide to go the Red Force route and just add a small airtime hill that gives ejector. There really isn’t any airtime on Ka with the trims being on the hill. You might get a little bit in the front.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I’d love to hear some speculation on where the queue line might go. I think it’s clear that it won’t be in the mid field since that area was totally cleared. If CP decided to do some sort of extended layout, they have almost unlimited space between the mid field, under/over Iron Dragon, Millennium Force island, and/or over the midway. But where does the (massive) queue line go?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, befat said:

I’d love to hear some speculation on where the queue line might go. I think it’s clear that it won’t be in the mid field since that area was totally cleared. If CP decided to do some sort of extended layout, they have almost unlimited space between the mid field, under/over Iron Dragon, Millennium Force island, and/or over the midway. But where does the (massive) queue line go?

Here's a drawing ElToroRyan came up with a few months ago:

image.png

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sZKmHcinpE&t=714s

• Like 3

**DOUBLE POST**

Decided to make a mock up queue idea. The queue starts where I think a Haunt trail was at one point and snakes behind Iron Dragon next to Rougarou (goes under rumored vertical spike). The switchbacks are in between Iron Dragon and the brake run. The dark red lines are walls. The queue basically is enclosed to prevent anything from flying into the queue area. You then go up and over a bridge overtop of the brake run and go down into the new station. One thing that didn't make this drawing is I think we may see the double sided lockers SV has, I think those could go in an enclosed building where the former queue was.

image.png

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I think the photos were taken from a drone or flyover of some point. Not gonna share any here (they can be found pretty easily online and would be against Terms of Agreement), but it looks to be a large metal triangle shaped metal structure that's being filled in behind the iron dragon station. It looks awfully coincidental that it's directly behind the dragster station, and it's a similar shape for a classic Intamin triangular footer used on their other taller spikes and coasters. 

However, it's all purely speculation at this point. Could just be drainage work, doesn't confirm any manufacturer. Mainly these photos have reignited excitement and speculation on the TTD project. It does look awfully convincing of a spike and swing launch though

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2023 at 9:34 PM, silver2005 said:

We now have a HUGE crane in the TTD infield. 

OK, so now I think I was completely incorrect about TTD. It does appear that there will be a spike where the recent footing was added. I'm also guessing that the crane in the infield of the hill is not related to the spike and here is why. If they were planning on doing work on the spike, you wouldn't bring in a crane as Iron Dragon would not be in operation. The cost of having a crane in place with no work going on until late in the season or off-season would be astronomical. This would lead me to believe there is some construction expected in the tower area that said crane will be needed. I do like to watch Theme Park Predictions on YouTube and he has predicted the spike months ago. Now, he is predicting that the crane is there to add height to the hill, thus breaking the record reaching the 500ft mark. I'm not saying he is correct, but it does make some sense. Also, he has seen blue Intamin track and orange supports that he believes will be the new paint color scheme for Dragster re-imagined. I think this makes for interesting discussion.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 9:34 PM, silver2005 said:

We now have a HUGE crane in the TTD infield. 

Not that huge, too small to clear the 400' top hat.  And it's gone, having only been seen with a man basket attached, not lifting anything heavy on/off the structure.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m curious about what world records they plan on breaking.

Worlds fastest coaster 150mph?

Worlds fastest LIM launch coaster?

Worlds fastest strata coaster?

If TTD gets a spike it will likely be multi launch and have switch track. Switch track would put TTD in the shuttle category if I’m not mistaken? That should inherently break multiple world records just for the fact the top hat hill is still present. 

Worlds fastest shuttle coaster?

Worlds tallest shuttle coaster?

Worlds tallest multi launch coaster?

Worlds fastest multi launch coaster?

Either way it’s going to crush multiple world records being in the location it’s at.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Also interesting is the lower portion of some Iron Dragon supports are now painted the same color Grey.  Could we see a repaint/retheme of it as well?

I would think they would not want to remotely reference it as Top Thrill Dragster anymore.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I would think they would not want to remotely reference it as Top Thrill Dragster anymore.

I think @disco2000 was referring to a potential retheme of Iron Dragon (as some of its supports have also apparently been repainted) in addition to the all but confirmed retheme of Top Thrill Dragster.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, disco2000 said:

I am talking about Iron Dragon LOL.  Why were its lower supports painted Grey? A retheme of Iron Dragon as well?

Oops, I guess that is what happens when I am also dealing with 3 kids while reading KIC at the same time. :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KIBeast said:

Maybe just a repaint of Iron Dragon's supports @disco2000?

Yeah it could be anything from a simple repaint, to a testing of the paint color, to a retheme.

But going from orange on Iron Dragon to a grey seems like a drastic change to keep it as Iron Dragon?  The current color scheme seems more appropriate for a Dragon LOL.

I am thinking it will be a minor retheme just to try to tie whatever they are doing together, but who knows LOL.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Yeah it could be anything from a simple repaint, to a testing of the paint color, to a retheme.

But going from orange on Iron Dragon to a grey seems like a drastic change to keep it as Iron Dragon?  The current color scheme seems more appropriate for a Dragon LOL.

I am thinking it will be a minor retheme just to try to tie whatever they are doing together, but who knows LOL.

Weren’t the original Iron Dragon support colors red track and grey supports?

• Like 3