Holiday World limiting attendance; Possibly restaurants and attractions as well

Heads up for those looking to visit between 8/28-October 31 (weekends only).  The park is limiting attendance due to rising case numbers.  The county the park is located in currently sits at the highest level of spread (red) in Indiana's system.

Source: https://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/2021/08/23/holiday-world-santa-claus-limit-attendance-due-covid-quarantines/8244751002/

Hi, I live 10 mins from Holiday World. They have been limiting which attractions are open depending on the time of day for the past 2 weekends at least. This mainly has to do with the teen workers returning to school and their availability decreasing significantly. This hasn’t affected the roller coasters aside from The Legend running only one train operations. But it has greatly affected flat ride availability. Last Sunday Firecracker, Liberty Launch and Revolution operated until 1:30 then Firecracker and Revolution closed for the day to allow Rough Riders and Lewis And Clark Trail to open. Hallowswings, Crow’s Nest and Mayflower have all been closed the past few times I’ve went as well. All due to labor shortages

• Like 1

And I can (fondly) remember the days when Pat and Will (RIP) and later Dan would be right out in the park on the midways or wherever else, working side by side with the rank and file when they were short staffed.... or even when NOT short staffed.  How many people remember seeing Pat out daily picking trash up from the midways or doing other things most members of park management or ownership would see as beneath them.  Sigh, I miss those days.  I was hoping to get to HW at least one more weekend before season end, but now with these developments I am second guessing that.  I sadly new this was coming, and Im just going to tell everyone now to be prepared for 2022 to be 2020 all over again in regards to restrictions and Draconian limitations for the park going public.

• Like 1