Wild Animal Safari, 1980

BoddaH1994

I remember it well. I enjoyed it, riding it multiple times every year throughout its run at the park. It wasn't included with park admission. I remember it being $3.50 at one point. There was a good variety of animals, and you got an up close look at many of them. It was worth the cost to do it. 

I also experienced Kings Dominion's. The similarities between Kings Island's and Kings Dominion's were different. 

1 hour ago, DonHelbig said:

I remember it well. I enjoyed it, riding it multiple times every year throughout its run at the park. It wasn't included with park admission. I remember it being $3.50 at one point. There was a good variety of animals, and you got an up close look at many of them. It was worth the cost to do it. 

I also experienced Kings Dominion's. The similarities between Kings Island's and Kings Dominion's were different. 

What’s weird is I did a couple of projects at KD and it involved being in their backstage areas. There was a maze of fences and former automated gates from their safari. I know there are some relics left at Kings Island, but KD has a ton of stuff left behind from bygone years. 

I remember riding the monorail at Kings Island. I was pretty young so the memories are vague. I do recall that we were stopped for a long time because of an animal sitting on the track. I also remember seeing some of the larger animals. I remember being blown away by the fact that there was an amusement park with a full fledged zoo attached to it. 

• Like 1

This attraction was one of the highlights of going to KI.  Getting to sit in the air conditioning and see exotic animals was awesome.  I wish they would bring this back by partnering with our local award winning Cincinnati Zoo.  It would be a great attraction for all ages and a fun addition to Kings Island.

This was a bit before my time (though I've been told I got to ride when I was a little kid, but I don't remember), but it seemed pretty cool. It was also cool to see Screamin' Demon in the background at the start/end of the course; did not know the monorail went under Screamin' Demon to get to the station.

I forgot it was sponsored by Encyclopedia Britannica.

It was an after lunch relaxing ride in the A/C for our family.  I remember there being many animals that were very active- pretty uncommon for a hot summer day.

It seemed SO MUCH longer than 2 miles.  Great memories!

2 hours ago, Browntggrr said:

I forgot it was sponsored by Encyclopedia Britannica.

Yeah, IIRC near where the sketch portrait booth by Delirium is used to be an Encyclopedia Britannica booth where you could peruse and purchase encyclopedias LOL.

I remember walking past that thinking why would someone feel the need to buy encyclopedias while at an amusement park LOL.  But I am sure they sold some or put in orders or however they dealt with it then.

• Like 1

What’s weird is I did a couple of projects at KD and it involved being in their backstage areas. There was a maze of fences and former automated gates from their safari. I know there are some relics left at Kings Island, but KD has a ton of stuff left behind from bygone years. 

I remember riding the monorail at Kings Island. I was pretty young so the memories are vague. I do recall that we were stopped for a long time because of an animal sitting on the track. I also remember seeing some of the larger animals. I remember being blown away by the fact that there was an amusement park with a full fledged zoo attached to it. 

Why is this? Is it a space thing where KD has more?

I was 7 when it closed. I have seen photos of me in front of the thing but sadly I do not remember it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, shark6495 said:

Why is this? Is it a space thing where KD has more?

I was 7 when it closed. I have seen photos of me in front of the thing but sadly I do not remember it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your guess is as food as mine. All I can speculate is that KD, much like KI, has vast amounts of unused land. Theirs is a little more secluded so I suppose it doesn’t matter as much there. It’s also noteworthy that much of KI’s has been developed while KD’s was further back. 

• Like 1