Construction in Coney Mall

DeltaFlyer

I doubt something is going to go right there because that would be a huge bottleneck. If I had to guess, KillMart will probably be demolished and something is going to go there. I know KillMart is currently listed on Kings Island's website as a Halloween Haunt, but I guess the building could be demolished after Halloween Haunt. If they aren’t planning to demolish KillMart, maybe it is simply for utility work. If they just put something right where the pavers are being removed like a queue for KillMart, I think that would be terrible.

On 8/29/2021 at 12:42 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

I talked to some associates about this last weekend when it first appeared. As some speculated, they are working on the pipe works under the midway.  Sorry, no coaster, no maze, no Coke Freestyle. Maybe next year. :D

Underground water flume attraction confirmed.

• Haha 4

On 8/29/2021 at 12:42 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

no coaster

You mean another Giga :D?!

On 8/29/2021 at 10:20 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

Floorless dive giga confirmed!  

A dive coaster is the LAST thing that I would want Kings Island.

I doubt it was because of cash flow issues that they are just now fixing it.  More likely they tried other things first, and those did not work.  They may have had to bring in an outside contractor to fix it, and a lot of plumbers and electricians are extremely busy right now, so it could have taken a while to schedule the repair as well. They could have also wanted to wait until daily operation was over so they had more time to fix the issue during daylight hours without having guests in the park.

• Like 4