Another stand up coaster

flightsprite

In the last 20+ years, there have been 2 Stand up rollercoaster installed in parks.  One is a clone of KI's King Cobra that was relocated from Canada's Wonderland to some park in Italy.  The other was relocated from Kentucky (Chang) to Six Flag's great Adventure.

The odds of a completely new one (or even a relocated one) being installed at KI is very, very small.  Heck, I'd say the odds of  a new one being installed anywhere as very, very small, and a relocated one being only a tad less small.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flightsprite said:

Ohh I've never really ridden a stand up ride so I don't know 100 percent what they're like

Eh, they're fine. But can be uncomfortable (especially for men). As a kid, I was terrified to ride King Cobra because I thought standing up and going upside down was probably the most terrifying thing ever. When I rode it...it was fine. Some good airtime, a unique experience, but it lost its novelty pretty quickly and the discomfort took over (the only ride I found more uncomfortable to ride was Firehawk...I always felt like I was five seconds from falling out). 

I also did Mantis at CP. Again....it was fine. Same discomfort, but the larger ride also seemed to put more pressure on my legs. It was fine if there was no line; no use waiting for it too long if you've already done it once. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flightsprite said:

Ohh I've never really ridden a stand up ride so I don't know 100 percent what they're like

They could be very, very uncomfortable... I learned on the TOGO standups, the 'seat' shouldn't have been used to support weight, if you used it as a seat, the ride was going to be like getting a prostate exam from a bicycle seat...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/20/2021 at 10:30 AM, medford said:

In the last 20+ years, there have been 2 Stand up rollercoaster installed in parks.  One is a clone of KI's King Cobra that was relocated from Canada's Wonderland to some park in Italy.  The other was relocated from Kentucky (Chang) to Six Flag's great Adventure.

The odds of a completely new one (or even a relocated one) being installed at KI is very, very small.  Heck, I'd say the odds of  a new one being installed anywhere as very, very small, and a relocated one being only a tad less small.

https://www.coaster101.com/2020/09/28/bolliger-mabillard-files-patent-for-stand-up-coaster-restraint/

B&M seems to be possibly getting back in the Stand Up game.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 6:34 PM, BruceWayneWins said:

It's nice that the headbanging was looked into using similar restraints found on GK.  

Looking at the drawing concept, that patent is not a major redesign.  You still sit on a bicycle seat with an adjustable column that can still make you feel like you were kicked in the gonads or put a rather uncomfortable strain on your legs.

I would guess if a park was interested in this it would have been tried out on an existing stand-up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...