2nd Annual PKIC Holiday Special!

Dan

santa.gif It’s the holiday season and PKI Central.com would like to thank its members by introducing the 2nd Annual PKIC Holiday Special! As a holiday gift, we have changed the PKIC Shop to be totally non-profit. That means you get prices that are the cheapest they can be! So get some PKIC gear, and show off your Central pride. Also, we have started a new contest! Two passes for a free flight on Xtreme Skyflyer will be given away in a special drawing that only active members are eligible to partake in. This year, we wanted our Holiday Special to be a hit, so we bring to you an exclusive Winterfest video from 1985! Not only that, but we’ve got what you’ve been waiting for ever since the park closed for the 2004 season, IJ:ST construction photos! More information is below:

PKIC Shop Holiday Sale:

We have lowered prices on everything to the lowest they can be. This is just in time for you to get your Christmas shopping done. We are also offering a $10 discount on purchases of $50 or more. The coupon code is CPFESTIVE. Even more holiday savings; get Ground Shipping for the price of Super Saver. Click here to visit the shop!

Xtreme Skyflyer Passes Giveaway:

Our Christmas present to you, the community, is the chance to win two free passes to ride Xtreme Skyflyer, the park’s only skycoaster! Participating in this promotion is absolutely free. To be eligible though, you have to be an active member. That means you would need at least 10 posts in the last week to be included in the drawing. The winner will be selected randomly on December 23, just in time for Christmas.

Historical Winterfest Video:

This vintage video taken in 1985 shows many aspects of the late Winterfest. This COLOR video shows everything about Winterfest from the lighting of the tree, shows, stores, ice skating, and much more! Sit back and enjoy this truly amazing video! Click here to see the video! Special thanks to Vortex on the PKIC forums and his History of Kings Island Yahoo Group.

Italian Job: Stunt Track Construction Pictures:

In efforts to bring you the latest in IJ:ST construction, the PKIC team has landed new ariel photos taken by Gabriel Zelazny. Expect more of these updates in the future! A great thanks goes out to Gabriel for taking the time to get these pictures for us. Click here to see the update! Thanks to Gabriel Zelazny for the photos!

More Updates:

-We have updated our photo gallery and added a new design. This new skin looks and performs better than the old blue and white skin.

-The old History Section has returned for a limited time. We have decided to leave it up until we are completely done with the new and improved History Section that will debut later in the offseason. Right now you can enjoy a new historical photo section that is much easier to navigate.

santa.gifHappy Holidays from the PKIC Staff! santa.gif

A tremendous update! The Winterfest video was very nice. Also, I really enjoyed the overhead construction shots of PKI and IJST. It looks like they are almost done with land prep. and ready to start the footers, with even a couple of the forms ready. One thing I did notice in one of the pictures, was that there was a cherry picker parked under the Eiffel Tower, close to where the queue line is. Could the Eiffel Tower be getting a paint job this off season? I look forward to seeing future "birdseye" construction shots of IJST in the future. Thanks for the great update!

A tremendous update! The Winterfest video was very nice. Also, I really enjoyed the overhead construction shots of PKI and IJST. It looks like they are almost done with land prep. and ready to start the footers, with even a couple of the forms ready. One thing I did notice in one of the pictures, was that there was a cherry picker parked under the Eiffel Tower, close to where the queue line is. Could the Eiffel Tower be getting a paint job this off season? I look forward to seeing future "birdseye" construction shots of IJST in the future. Thanks for the great update!

YES! They have begun putting the primer on the 50 ft level. I saw it this weekend.

Also it's getting new cables.

Thanks for the cool construction photos! Not only is looking at the construction area fun, but seeing the rest of the park from this angle interesting...are there any of the White Water Canyon area? I'd like to see it empty and in one shot.

Also, as for your contest, you will notice by my Post Count...and when I joined I will never be actually considered an "active" member! I do visit the site at least twice a day, day-in-day-out...but I am a believer in it's quality not quantity of posts, (Not that this counts) but I never really have anything new to add to the posts.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the cool construction photos! Not only is looking at the construction area fun, but seeing the rest of the park from this angle interesting...are there any of the White Water Canyon area? I'd like to see it empty and in one shot.

Also, as for your contest, you will notice by my Post Count...and when I joined I will never be actually considered an "active" member! I do visit the site at least twice a day, day-in-day-out...but I am a believer in it's quality not quantity of posts, (Not that this counts) but I never really have anything new to add to the posts.

Keep up the great work!

The pics were donated by Gabriel. The 5 that I got are the 5 that you can see.

If you ride the train after August, you can see the drained WWC trench.

An active member means that you post consistantly, not that you are up in the thousands in posting, so share your opinions with everyone and you'll be in the game like everyone else!

I also just noticed that in the last picture, the Antique Cars are still parked on the pavement next to The Racer where they were moved after they removed them from the station of their former home. Could this be a sign that they are going to refurbish them and rebuild them in 2006?

• 3 weeks later...