Haunt 2021 Reviews

BoddaH1994

I can remember back in the 80"s the sign: "Line Jumping is not a Sporting Event at Kings Island" and while it likely still happened, guests were definitely more respectful of each other back then.

In today's world many feel entitled to the point the rules do not apply to them.  Phones out on rides, careless/ reckless driving, a general attitude of my time is more important than your time etc.  The entitlement list is massive.

Even though many may not agree, I still feel paid line jumping with Fast Lane only encourages the act, but that perk is not likely going anywhere.

How about KI & other parks use some of the Fast Lane revenue and add some security to the more problematic queue lines on days we all know it is going to be busier?

A zero tolerance policy on both line jumping & use of phones on rides would also be a step in the right direction.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Browntggrr said:

I can remember back in the 80"s the sign: "Line Jumping is not a Sporting Event at Kings Island" and while it likely still happened, guests were definitely more respectful of each other back then.

In today's world many feel entitled to the point the rules do not apply to them.  Phones out on rides, careless/ reckless driving, a general attitude of my time is more important than your time etc.  The entitlement list is massive.

Even though many may not agree, I still feel paid line jumping with Fast Lane only encourages the act, but that perk is not likely going anywhere.

How about KI & other parks use some of the Fast Lane revenue and add some security to the more problematic queue lines on days we all know it is going to be busier?

A zero tolerance policy on both line jumping & use of phones on rides would also be a step in the right direction.

I suppose line jumping isn't a priority for them this year considering the other security problems but it would be nice if they kept security near ride entrances where they can keep an eye on the queue but in a spot where they can still spring to action for other incidents.

Honestly, just a reminder about saving spots in line would be nice. Any time I see line jumpers they claim they are meeting up with someone, which is still against the rules. Obviously some are just lying while others think that saving a spot is okay. I've seen groups of 8+ pass an entire line to meet up with someone that they sent ahead. Frequent reminders about the policy would cut down on line jumping a good bit, imo.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 1:40 PM, RedRacer76 said:

I've been going to Haunt as long as I can remember, but I for the most part was terrified of the mazes. In 2019 I took a brave step forward and went through 3 mazes, Kill Mart, Cavern of Terror, and Urgent Scare. In 2020 there was no Haunt so in 2021 I was looking forward to the mazes for the first time in my life. I can proudly say that this year I have gone through every maze, even though there are only 5. I'd like to share my thoughts on each going from my favorite to least favorite. Slaughterhouse was a very classic feeling house with a lot of gore. This one definitely has a lot of props and some of the best scare actors in the park. It's a solid, fun maze. Kill Mart is very unique with the store setting, but expect long lines. There is a very nice mix of props and zombie actors. Cavern of Terror has easily the best setting being in the crypt. The queue line is amazing, and the maze is too. My only issue with cavern is most of the actors have the same costume. Cornered is the corn maze for this year and is definitely where the quality drops for me. The maze itself is basically just corn and hay, but the actors get very creative. There were a group of teenage girls in front of us and watching the scare actors work was a ton of fun. Last is Chaos, and this maze is just weird. It starts off strong with the idea of travelling to space and you start in a lab with some not very scary scientists, and the first part of the space section is actually neat. But then most of the maze is just a mirror maze with some basic scares thrown in that aren't great. The best scare is the compressed air in the end. Its a bad maze now but it has a lot of potential. 

I know this post is super long but I just wanted to share my experience going from dreading the mazes to growing a love for them. My advice to anyone scared of mazes is to go during this last weekend and go in Chaos with your hands on your ears. It might seem childish but not hearing the sounds as loudly can help you build the confidence needed. Enjoy this last weekend of Haunt everyone and Happy Halloween. 

Good to hear! I started out being scared of haunted houses ever since I was little. My first ever Haunt maze was Tombstone Terror-tory (the train one - it's no longer there) with some friends and that wasn't too bad (though, doing Trail of Terror and Death Row back-to-back did me in for a while lol). Some time later, I worked Park Services and was scheduled to work during Haunt. Though I was terrified my first night, it didn't end up being too bad and I actually enjoyed it (my favorite spot to sweep back then was on Freak Street (Planet Snoopy) when it was there). When I was a guest, I started going through Haunt mazes little by little, starting out with visiting Sam (@XGatorHead 8904) in Slaughter House ( back when it was in Action Zone...) and working my way to doing all of them in a night by at least 2018 (or earlier). The next year, I decided to be a Scareactor; I was at Field of Screams and I loved it! :D In summery, getting used to it for me was all about exposure to the environment; the more I saw and experienced, the more comfortable I was with Haunt. As you may or may not be able to tell, I now love Haunt and even though I didn't get to pay my visit (or work) this year, I still am very much a fan of it!

Also, on the topic of visiting on a Saturday night, first off - visit on Friday instead, you'll thank me later lol. However, if you must visit on a Saturday, I suggest getting to the park early (3 or 4) and scouting out which maze(s) you want to do that night. Once you have your most desired indoor maze picked out, head to that one around 4:45/5:00 and be prepared to wait. Hopefully, you'll be one of the first in when they open around 6 PM. The way Saturday worked for me was I would get there in the morning/afternoon, ride coasters, do a few mazes at open, and then leave.

• Like 1

I thought that Haunt was only on Fridays and Saturdays this year-- correct? 

Line jumping was frustrating but the fist fights just made me mad. Maybe I've been around coaster enthusiasts too long but I have a genuine love the park and the rides--so to see someone just act so foolish there made me angry.

18 hours ago, Browntggrr said:

Fast Lane revenue is used to counteract giving away the gate.