New Flat Ride Possibilities

Diamondback0125

I would love to see some more flat rides added. I think everyone should make suggestions as to what they would like to see added. Also, let's refrain from telling anyone their suggestions are dumb, etc. Let's keep it light and friendly. 

Just on a personal note, there are some definite classic flats that I miss. They would not necessarily be on the level of Delirium or Drop Tower. The Rotor, Bayern Curve and Tumble Bug.

Also, I would not mind seeing a giant swing like Skyhawk added.

5 minutes ago, KIBeast said:

I would love to see some more flat rides added. I think everyone should make suggestions as to what they would like to see added. Also, let's refrain from telling anyone their suggestions are dumb, etc. Let's keep it light and friendly. 

Just on a personal note, there are some definite classic flats that I miss. They would not necessarily be on the level of Delirium or Drop Tower. The Rotor, Bayern Curve and Tumble Bug.

I've looked a lot recently at the flat rides being produced and I've had trouble finding ones that look as exciting as a frisbee/discovery or a screamin swing while offering a good capacity. 

Aside from the capacity issue, Gerstlauer's Sky Roller looks like it could be fun. Or a Huss Jump2 (Sledgehammer at CW)

As far as classic rides: Superbob/musik express. Would like to see an enterprise like Skylab come back as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 2:14 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

As anyone ventured over the kids area lately.  I think that is the area right now beside the water park that needs the biggest overhaul.

I do say it could do some renevating, as it kinda felt dead this summer.

On 10/6/2021 at 11:12 AM, KIBeast said:

I definently agree, as it would fill a small spot

Anyone think a Huss jump 2 or a gerstlauer sky fly would be a nice fit?

• Like 3

I think a Sky fly would be a great fit for Area 72.

Would love to see a Screamin' Swing somewhere. Personally I see it with a mining theme where Crypt's building is. Tear down the building and give it a lightly themed pad, with the current indoor queue rethemed to a mine.

I would also like to see a Tilt-A-Whirl or teacups style ride come to Oktoberfest with a theme to beer kegs for a nod to Der Spinning Keggers. Would like to see both of those brought in. Could see either attraction work well in Coney Mall or Planet Snoopy as well.

A Mondial Top Scan would be great...

And a Huss Jump^2 would be nothing but a constant maintenance nightmare... It's a fun ride, but the existing one is down for maintenance more than it's working, and to try to reduce problems, some of the gondolas don't spin anymore and the ride cycle has been repeatedly nerfed...

I think a Gerstlauer Sky Fly would be fun...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I really hope they do more focus on flat rides here over the next few years or so honestly. Feel like the park has been lacking in that area for decades. The fact that they are cheaper might make a good way for them to add new rides each year without spending much. Especially if they added 3 one year, be a bit to market then. Could add 2 or 3 as an expansion to Area 72 in the empty space by Flight of Fear.

• Like 4

@purdude86 You've got that right. I think it's even worse when you consider the lack of traditional sized flats. What was the last "non- giant" flat that was added that still exists... maybe Viking Fury around 1981?

Woodstock Gliders was added several years back if you want to count rides in the kids area.

I'd love to see something they used to have come back and several new ones. Put them in Oktoberfest, Rivertown, or Action Zone because Coney Mall has almost all the flats.

My picks:

Spinning Barrels (Keggers)/ Tea Cups (Culdrons),

Huss Swing Around/ Larson Mega Bounce

Zamperla Super Air Race/ Air Race

Zamperla Endeavor

Larson Tilt-a-Whirl/Mega Whirl

Gerstlauer Sky Roller

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Oktoberfest was originally full of glare rides.  That area is in need of the mist attention.     One flat ride could fit where Spinnen Keggers originally sat and another where Flying Dutchman sat (modifying AE exit).   A third could be installed instead of that rusty eyesore Slingshot.   Real Oktoberfest is all about flat rides.  

A Himalaya/Music Express would be a great fit for that area.  

• Like 4

Ok yes October Fest needs a revamp! Would love to see it become home to some more family friendly flat rides that way Jr can get out of snoopy land and can ride in October Fest and then hit a few things in Coney Mall too. So my top 3 picks for Octoberfest Area - 

#1 Flying Bob's/Himalaya tell Cedar Point to move The Matterhorn down here. They have the Himalaya too. Why do they need both???

#2 Der Spinnen Keggers or some equivalent of a teacup style ride 

#3 Enterprise type ride like Skylab or Witches Wheel at CP 

As for flat rides in Area 72 possible expansion 1 ride comes to my mind - Double Ferris Wheel! Bring back the Zodiac guys. It looks super cool. I think it would go over well and the name fits the area. There's even a poster in Orion que