2022 teaser campaign by Orion?

BoddaH1994

1 hour ago, New Horizons said:

Yeah I’m totally clueless. There’s just no way that this is a coaster and I don’t even think either flat right is it either. If I had to take a guess I would say maybe a new haunt attraction next year. Themed to Orion to some degree ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seriously doubt they would start a teaser campaign for a Haunt attraction a year in advance. 

• Like 3

I seriously doubt they would start a teaser campaign for a Huant attraction a year in advance. 

I totally agree but what I think is even more unlikely is them teasing a ride that’s supposedly supposed to be opening next year … in October of this year . I mean certainly anything is possible but that’s just my take.

• Like 1

Someone put on KIC’s social media that it was the backstory of the Chaos HalloTween maze. 

I’m not sure if anyone’s actually mentioned that these teasers are in the chaos maze Queue from what I could tell. I didn’t actually go inside of the line for chaos but I did check it out after I got off of Orion

To me it definitely doesn’t sound haunt related. it wouldn’t focus on the hope part of it was. 

this is most likely a flat ride expansion for the area. It isn’t as big so it can wait to be announced and with Covid it likely just got finalized and approved 100%. 

• Like 1

This is a stretch so do with it what you will but could 2022 be the start of a construction year? I know it sounds dumb to tease construction a year before ground is broken, that's why its a stretch. The only reason I say this is because lately, the park has had coaster related construction start two years after a coaster is built: Banshee debuted in 2014 then two years later on 2016 there was land clearing for Mystic Timbers, Mystic Timbers debuted in 2017 with land clearing for Orion beginning in 2019, Orion debuted in 2020 and this poster is referring to 2022 meaning something coaster wise would debut in 2023. 

Like I said don't read too much into this, the numbers just seem to match up to what's been happening the past few years. I'm personally not getting my hopes up for anything coaster related since our 50th is next year so I'd rather focus on that than a construction project.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

This is a stretch so do with it what you will but could 2022 be the start of a construction year? I know it sounds dumb to tease construction a year before ground is broken, that's why its a stretch. The only reason I say this is because lately, the park has had coaster related construction start two years after a coaster is built: Banshee debuted in 2014 then two years later on 2016 there was land clearing for Mystic Timbers, Mystic Timbers debuted in 2017 with land clearing for Orion beginning in 2019, Orion debuted in 2020 and this poster is referring to 2022 meaning something coaster wise would debut in 2023. 

Like I said don't read too much into this, the numbers just seem to match up to what's been happening the past few years. I'm personally not getting my hopes up for anything coaster related since our 50th is next year so I'd rather focus on that than a construction project.

Highly doubt we are getting a coaster in 2023. With covid and CF spreading out new large investment project timelines, it'll probably be 2024 until we start to see anything. Plus, we are still the latest CF park to install a new coaster (until next year with tumbili opening at kd). I think CP, Knott's, Carowinds, and Canada's Wonderland get a coaster before KI does. Just my opinion

6 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Highly doubt we are getting a coaster in 2023. With covid and CF spreading out new large investment project timelines, it'll probably be 2024 until we start to see anything. Plus, we are still the latest CF park to install a new coaster (until next year with tumbili opening at kd). I think CP, Knott's, Carowinds, and Canada's Wonderland get a coaster before KI does. Just my opinion

Like I said, don't read too much into it

Area 72 is a part of the park that would be great to have a big thrilling flat and maybe some smaller family oriented flats. 

A custom Mondial Top Scan would fit the thrilling piece and doesn't take up much space.  A Tilt a Whirl and Musik Express themed to Area 72 would meet the second part. 

The other thing to keep in mind is if they are adding other rides they could they add more dining back there as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orion13 said:

But, one of the signs say 2022

That they do, I would be surprised if it is any kind of ride. More food options would be great. I would love to see a giant swing, like Skyhawk and 2 more flat rides back there. Kings Island has great coasters, but truly lacking on the flat ride side of things.

• Like 3

What if Cedar Point removed Power Tower (S&S Space Shot) to make room for a new Top Thrill Dragster queue/station extension and relocated the ride to Kings Island with the new spin shot seats on two of the towers?  Drop Tower could be removed as part of the eventual Action Zone redo.  I will admit this idea is a bit out there.

• Like 3

I would love to see a flat ride package added to area 72. They could move those storage buildings over next to Orion's brake run and add a nice few flat rides to that area. My choices would be: an air race, a gravitron ride, and maybe you could relocate the current Gliders over there and give them an aircraft/spacecraft theme and that could free up room for something else in Planet Snoopy. 

• Like 1

I would love to see a flat ride package added to area 72. They could move those storage buildings over next to Orion's brake run and add a nice few flat rides to that area. My choices would be: an air race, a gravitron ride, and maybe you could relocate the current Gliders over there and give them an aircraft/spacecraft theme and that could free up room for something else in Planet Snoopy. 

Or get the original gliders from Carowinds that many generations have rode. default_wink.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

Or get the original gliders from Carowinds that many generations have rode. default_wink.png

according to the new KI book, they have tried to get them back several times, but Carowinds wouldn't give them back and it's not surprising as the locals there love it too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

according to the new KI book, they have tried to get them back several times, but Carowinds wouldn't give them back and it's not surprising as the locals there love it too. 

I've said in the past...someone from KI might have to go reclaim them in the middle of the night.

I've never seen but I assume the existing Woodstock Gliders at KI are the newer kind that can't be snapped?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DoomPlague said:

I've said in the past...someone from KI might have to go reclaim them in the middle of the night.

I've never seen but I assume the existing Woodstock Gliders at KI are the newer kind that can't be snapped?

It's possible to snap them. The park prohibits it.

As much as I would love for Area 72 to see some additions for next year, I don’t know how much sense it makes with Kings Island’s 50 anniversary in 2022. If Kings Island adds any new ride, I think they would bring back an old ride. An Area 72 expansion would be really cool in the future, though.

• Like 1