Dorney Park July 7, 2021

Bansheelover

This past summer we made the trip to Dorney Park in Allentown, PA. The park is an older park, with a lot of older rides. Especially The Whip that had been there since 1920.  The park is smaller than your typical Cedar Fair parks, but we had a lot of fun.  We rode all the roller coasters. Talon was really underrated, I especially like the helix felt like your legs would touch the ground. The kids favorite was the Mouse Trap, it seemed to run faster than Richochet at Carowinds, and Apple Zapple at Kings Dominion. I thought Hydra was fantastic, and wish I would it of rode it a few more times. I am counting Demon Drop as coaster. I never rode it at Cedar Point, and was surprised by how high it was.  Thunderhawk was running one train, and kind of rough.  Possessed was fun, but enjoy Wicked Twister more due to the double twisted spikes.  In my opinion Steel Force was the star of the show. I thought it would ride more like Magnum XL, but it blew me away. I think we rode it 5-6 times.  We also visited the waterpark which is really nice, and compact. They have a ton to do there, and we tried to ride as much as possible, but it was so hot the lines were longer.  We also enjoyed their variety of flat rides such as Enterprise, the carousel, and ferris wheel. It is nice to experience those since Kings Island does not have two out of the three. 

The food was nothing to write home about. Slow service and just basic fair attire. Need a major upgrade there.  A few of the employees had never seen Platinum passes, and would show their coworkers which gave me a good chuckle. 

Overall I enjoyed Dorney if I'm ever in the area again, would go to ride Hyrda, Demon Drop, and Steel Force.  It gave me the feeling of going back in time, and it was very nostaglic. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 10/4/2021 at 9:11 AM, Bansheelover said:

This past summer we made the trip to Dorney Park in Allentown, PA. The park is an older park, with a lot of older rides. Especially The Whip that had been there since 1920.  The park is smaller than your typical Cedar Fair parks, but we had a lot of fun.  We rode all the roller coasters. Talon was really underrated, I especially like the helix felt like your legs would touch the ground. The kids favorite was the Mouse Trap, it seemed to run faster than Richochet at Carowinds, and Apple Zapple at Kings Dominion. I thought Hydra was fantastic, and wish I would it of rode it a few more times. I am counting Demon Drop as coaster. I never rode it at Cedar Point, and was surprised by how high it was.  Thunderhawk was running one train, and kind of rough.  Possessed was fun, but enjoy Wicked Twister more due to the double twisted spikes.  In my opinion Steel Force was the star of the show. I thought it would ride more like Magnum XL, but it blew me away. I think we rode it 5-6 times.  We also visited the waterpark which is really nice, and compact. They have a ton to do there, and we tried to ride as much as possible, but it was so hot the lines were longer.  We also enjoyed their variety of flat rides such as Enterprise, the carousel, and ferris wheel. It is nice to experience those since Kings Island does not have two out of the three. 

The food was nothing to write home about. Slow service and just basic fair attire. Need a major upgrade there.  A few of the employees had never seen Platinum passes, and would show their coworkers which gave me a good chuckle. 

Overall I enjoyed Dorney if I'm ever in the area again, would go to ride Hyrda, Demon Drop, and Steel Force.  It gave me the feeling of going back in time, and it was very nostaglic. 

I still haven't made it to alot of the PA parks but I really want to do it later this year. Thanks for the info! If dorney park has an enterprise I'm definitely going to stop by. I don't know why but I love that type of ride. I was super upset when Cedar Point took down the witches wheel and replaced it was a restaurant..."like how the heck are we supposed to find Magnum XL 200 now??" Was my dad's quote.