CONEY ISLAND OHIO!

The-Snapper

i was at Coney Island for the last day of opperation and had a great time! the flat rides where great and didnt break down looked like werent going anywhere for a while unlike someplace! The Pepsi Python was heavy themed and had fewer brakes than Beast! It was smooth and the double helix was out of this world amazing! Its my new #1 Steel coaster Everone sould come out to experiance this ride thats taller than the IJST! The station has great theming and very little family atmosphere!

blink.gif

Whats the big deal? You are on The Beast crew, but are quick to go on and on and on how Beast sucks next to Legend and Raven. Now you are saying the Pepsi Python is the best steel coaster you've ever done? Have you ever done Vortex, Flight of Fear, Face/Off, Top Gun, or Rugrats Runaway Reptar? And I take it you've never been to Cedar Point either.

Are you serious, or just being funny? laugh.gif

As an employee who spent three years at Coney, the Pepsi Python is not that great of a coaster. Yes it is a good sized coaster for Coney, but it is anything but smooth. Ever notice that we never loaded anyone in the back row the past three seasons? Coney is a great park for families, and has a decent collection of flats. Also, to celebrate the park`s 120th anniversary, all memberships to Sunlite Pool include all the rides in 2005!

The Ferris Wheel at Coney, which is an Eli Bridge, and was one of my favorite rides at the park to run, has been rumored to be leaving soon. Due to mechanical issues and the need to keep the wheel balanced extremly well. Rumors in the rides department have been aroud about the park adding more whirl and hurls, a new steel spinning mouse coaster or a log flume. I wish Coney the best of luck in the future. I will not be returning there for a fourth season as I will be in school at UC for architecture, and co-oping in the spring and fall!

i was at Coney Island for the last day of opperation and had a great time! the flat rides where great and didnt break down looked like werent going anywhere for a while unlike someplace! The Pepsi Python was heavy themed and had fewer brakes than Beast! It was smooth and the double helix was out of this world amazing! Its my new #1 Steel coaster Everone sould come out to experiance this ride thats taller than the IJST! The station has great theming and very little family atmosphere!

I would compare Pepsi Python to like Wildcat, but not big coasters like Vortex or anything. Are you telling us that you rather ride Pepsi Python than Top Thrill Dragster?

I love Pki and the park itself. I just disagree on some things they decide to install. I think we need a more reliable coaster than a premier multiple launch. Heck we already have a launch coaster why do we need another?? But lets get this straight I REALLY DO LOVE PKI!!!

The Python does have a little bit of airtime coming down the first drop. Yes, the brakes are on hard on the ride, and numerous people would ask me why the brakes were on so hard. I don`t know why, I`m assuming thats the way the rides was designed. The ride was built by Preston in 1996 for a pier in New Jersey. Coney bought it with the help of a sponsorship from Pepsi and opened it in 1999. Every year during the Pepsi picnic at the park, the ride opens half an hour early for Pepsi employees and their families.

Yes, all the rides at Coney will operate in the rain, with the exception of the Super Slide. If it is raining a lot, the Ferris Wheel will close because the cable will become slippery, and won`t have good traction to turn the wheel. Most of the tall rides and rides on the lake close if there is llightning. If there is a lot of llightning or a huge torrent of rain, then they will shut doen the rides.

Coney does not compete with Kings Island for thrills or even roller coasters. Instead, Coney claims to be a small family park where parents don`t have to be worried about dropping off their kids, or loosing them. I`ve heard a ton of families say how they really enjoyed their day at Coney, and even liked it more than Kings Island because of the smallness of the park, the friendly atmosphere and vitually no lines.

I love Pki and the park itself. I just disagree on some things they decide to install. I think we need a more reliable coaster than a premier multiple launch. Heck we already have a launch coaster why do we need another?? But lets get this straight I REALLY DO LOVE PKI!!!

Look at the attandce for Universal Studios much more themed than coaster park and Cedar Point a mainly coaster park. US has much much more attendance. Parks are looking for what is bringing in money and right now it happens to be the themed family rides. People are looking for a place where a family can go and ride the rides together. Themed mild rides are what is brining in money and PKI isnt open for us they are open to make money. Its about them and not us (mostly) if you realize it or not.

I am not a fan of the Pepsi Python as it is too shaky for my taste. However, I do like Coney Island as a park. It's a great place to walk around, do some flat rides and enjoy some scenery.

If PKI were to close its doors - which won't happen any time in the next 50 years, I'd make many more visits to Coney Island.

Have a great off season!

Italian Chef

chef.gif