CONEY ISLAND OHIO!

The-Snapper

Unfortunatly, a B&M is most definantly out of Coney`s price range! Yeah the Eli Bridge wheel is safe. Although there have been incidents on it caused by it becoming unbalanced (although no one was injured). I`ve operated it one time when a circuit breaker blew in the adjacent building and we had people stuck on the ride for ten minutes. The Wheel was my favorite ride to operate, in part because it is probably the oldest design ride that Coney has. I also liked the guest interaction it allowed, because you only loaded two or three people at a time. I had a wonderful three years at Coney.

• 3 weeks later...

If the park were to rebuild the Wildcat or Shooting Star, they would instantly become popular. Not just from Coaster enthusiasts, but from Cincinnatians who remembered those classic coasters and want to share those rides with their children and grandchildren. If they ever have the capital to invest in a ride of that caliber, there attendance will sky rocket. Heck, even in the three years I worked there, the attendance increased. Also, this season is Coney`s 120th. To celebrate, all Sunlite Pool member will have free access to all the classic rides, all season long. In years past you either had to upgrade your pass to include rides (for a nominal charge) or partake in one of the two or three free rides days. I can imagine that there will be longer lines this year since the pool members get unlimited access to rides. I wish Coney the best of luck this year and in future years. Hopefully I will find time this summer or next summer to visit once. I can`t work there for a fourth season as I have said before because I will be in school in the summer and co-oping in the spring and fall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would love to see Coney get a wild mouse coaster like Coasters RZ was talking about earlier, that is a great family park and I would love to see their attendance go up and for Coney Island to thrive for many years to come. Has anyone been to strickers grove? Their tornado coaster is pretty fun and it is cool to ride the teddy bear because it is a remake of the cyclone that was once at Coney Island. I would also love to see something done with Americana/Lesourdsville lake. The Screeching Eagle is one hell of a wooden rollercoaster! I think it would be great if KI bought it and did something with it. Cant have too many coasters now. Boa Squeeze is just.....uh.....well.......I dont think I need to say more about it but my lillte 2 year old cousin loved it and its awesome having a coaster 5 minutes from my house.

Here is a link to rcdb. There are a couple of pictures of the Pepsi Python from 2002, the first season i worked there. The past two seasons, it had a blue and green train, and not the purple train like it did in 2002. Also, those pictures were taken before the ride opened that day and if you look closely, you can see the mechanics (Larry and the head mechanic Tom) inspecting the ride. To my knowledge, those are the best pictures online of Coney Island. I drove by Coney yesterday on my way home from UC, and they have cut down a number of trees by Lake Como, particulary by Moonlite Gardens and the pedal boat dock. I know last year a couple of those trees looked pretty sick.

The is not much to the layout of the park. I have a park map somewhere around here, but I don`t have time to scan it in (I need to be studying for my history final tomorrow). Anyway, the Coney Island park map is not that detailed. The illustration they have for the Spin-A-Ree makes it look like it is a Flying Eagles ride. Unfortunatly, it is no where as close to the size of the Eagles. In fact, The Eagles would be a good classic ride for the park to install. I do not know of any sites that have an online map of Coney, sorry.

I too think that a Wild Mouse or even a Boomerang coaster would be awesome for Coney. There aren't many other types of coasters that could fit into Coney, besides and Impulse, but those are most likely very expensive. I also liked the idea of rebuilding copies of the Shooting Star or the Wildcat. It would be incredible to get to try out these classic designs! smile.gif

And I really would'nt put it past B&M to build a compact coaster. Up here at SFGAm Batman and especially Iron Wolf are fit into VERY tight spaces. But a nice compact B&M would mean big $$.