Wicked Twister

On 10/11/2021 at 10:01 PM, DoomPlague said:

The queue is on the other side of the station. I believe nothing has changed there.

It looked entirely intact last Thursday.  Train parked in the station like they just went home for the night; only real sign of the ride's impending doom was the pair of construction offices built out of shipping containers adjacent to the ride where the facility last known as Extreme Sports Stadium once stood. 

• Like 2

Sounds like they are waiting for the park to close for the season to start demolition. 2023 is probably when we'll see the replacement unless it's just small beachfront upgrades. Honestly, I think it would be cool if they relocate Sling Shot and/or Frontier Fling over to the beachfront and install an arcade along the boardwalk and a beach shop and maybe a restaurant/ice cream stand there. Make it like Daytona Beach where it has the giant Sling Shot on the beachfront with a lighting package. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

And yet the company has WoF and MA, neither of which have received a coaster installation in over a decade.  Thanks CF, I wont say what I am using that abbreviation for, but its definitely not Cedar Fair.  Im especially salty over the neglect that WoF has gotten.

If a ride is too expensive to run/maintain for Cedar Point, how would Worlds of Fun or Michigan’s Adventure be able to afford it?

48 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

"a fresh cache of old worn out spare parts sent their way"

Fixed it,

This is like going to the junk yard and putting a water pump in your car that has over a 100k miles.

So you believe the only spare parts CP has for WT exist on the ride itself?

Interesting theory.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

If a ride is too expensive to run/maintain for Cedar Point, how would Worlds of Fun or Michigan’s Adventure be able to afford it?

Please.... come on man, its not too expensive.  The company CAN afford it, they WON'T afford to run/maintain it.  I guarandarntee you WoF's attendance would increase more than enough to pay for the disassembly, relocation, and re-assembly of it.  They wouldn't care that it was a relocation, 98% of them wouldnt know if they werent told, they would just be happy to have a new coaster to ride.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Maybe they should start using B&M spare parts instead. Then maybe they can triple their up time. :lol:

But then they will rattle and meander around.  :lol:

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Wonder why they closed the ride so early if they aren't moving it. Seems It could have ran to the end of the year. 

My guess is allocation of limited resources.  It’s not like That Yellow Thingy on the Beach was a people eater.  

8 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Wonder why they closed the ride so early if they aren't moving it. Seems It could have ran to the end of the year. 

I was wondering that too...

Perhaps because (I've heard) some rides do not operate on Fridays during Halloweekends (Rougarou is one of them) and instead of running it on just Saturdays and Sundays, it would be better (and more cost efficient) to close it when they did (?). Oh well...

12 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Combined with: employee shortage, normal off-season work, and knowing that some of the existing parts were to be saved for other CF rides, the decision was likely made to get a jump start on the deconstruction side before the off season started in full swing.

6 hours ago, Browntggrr said:

Combined with: employee shortage, normal off-season work, and knowing that some of the existing parts were to be saved for other CF rides, the decision was likely made to get a jump start on the deconstruction side before the off season started in full swing.

That’s what I’m thinking. I think background “deconstruction” started immediately. Probably electrical and stuff. We may not have noticed anything until now.