Is Invertigo any Good?

Diamondback0125

Ever since we acquired Stinger's trains from Dorney, Invertigo has been much better. Never perfect but I always give it one ride when I'm at the park.

You also never know how long Invertigo has at the park. I made the mistake of avoiding Vortex in its final seasons when it was still an elite ride.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I find towards the middle of the train is the most consistently comfortable ride on Invertigo.  You go towards the front/back if you want a bit more intensity (on top of what it already has).  

Also, if you want to try to avoid grey/black outs, focus on breathing.

silver2005, who thinks Boomerangs of any variety are fairly underrated and wishes Vekoma would design Invertigo coaster restraints like they do their normal Boomerangs.   

• Like 1

Sometimes Invertigo is rough or intense for me, but I generally enjoy it. I prefer either the very back or very front as I think it’s awkward to face others while riding. My favorite seat is back row (as in, you go up the lift forward), seat closest to the entrance, though last time I rode, Invertigo was more intense than I expected (IIRC)

It can be intense and I often come off it with a minor headache but it clears quick. However, if the line isn't too long I think it is great if you can get the end seat that faces out towards the midway. It gives a more thrilling ride with starting down at the ground below you as you are first pulled up and held for a moment (gives it a Drop Tower type feel) and then on the "lift" portion of the second half you see yourself barreling towards and being pulled to the end of the track before dropping back down to make the return trip. Outside of this seat I think it is jut an ok ride, but that seat itself really elevates the experience to me.

In my opinion, it is the most painful roller coaster at KI. However, it is also the coaster that draws people's attention as they enter the park, with its rider's screams. I'll ride it occasionally, but not for fun. Hopefully, one day it is replaced in conjunction with a major upgrade of the main entrance.

I love Invertigo! It's one of my favorite rides. I love riding on either end (partially because I normally ride by myself or with one friend). After just over 100 rides on it, my best experiences come from staying relaxed throughout the ride (as tensing up will make you feel worse), and taking a deep breath during the more intense moments to avoid blacking/graying out. I hope you can get a better experience on it.

• Like 2

I love Invertigo! It's one of my favorite rides. I love riding on either end (partially because I normally ride by myself or with one friend). After just over 100 rides on it, my best experiences come from staying relaxed throughout the ride (as tensing up will make you feel worse), and taking a deep breath during the more intense moments to avoid blacking/graying out. I hope you can get a better experience on it.

Having ridden Invertigo with the user I quoted above [mention]VortexBFForever [/mention] , it is also one of my favorite rides at Kings Island, and I enjoy it as it is intense but not terribly intense. I think about it like this: every time I have ridden Invertigo, I usually end up riding Xtreme Skyflyer or Drop Tower after riding Invertigo, and this is a good stepping stone for getting to those rides. If I didn’t do Invertigo, I would have never ridden Skyflyer or Drop Tower, and I highly recommend riding Invertigo going forward first. When I first rode Invertigo going backwards first, it felt a lot more intense than going forward first, but I still would recommend trying both if you have the time to. Here are my tips for Invertigo:
1. Keep your head back for the whole ride.
2. Breathe through the loops to help go through the intensity of it.
3. Despite what the General Public (GP comments are always interesting for Invertigo) says, the restraint keeps you in place, and I say this as someone who always enjoys a tighter than usual restraint. You are safe on Invertigo and the other rides, but if you are nervous, try making the restraint a little bit tighter if possible.
4. Have fun! With the removal of Vortex and Firehawk, I quite enjoy the intensity of Invertigo, but Banshee is also one of my favorite rides with loops at Kings Island. I would recommend starting off with Invertigo later on, maybe start with Bat, or Banshee to get a feel for the loops.
Hopefully this helps, I was also quite nervous for my first ride on Invertigo, but thankfully I had [mention]VortexBFForever [/mention] with me to help me through it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1