Haunt Visit 10/15

silver2005

I went up to Kings Island tonight expecting rain to quell the crowds.  Alas, that didn't occur until later and the rain only served to close the park slightly early.  Got a full round of rides on the big coasters sans Backlot and grabbed a few rides on Drop Tower and Delirium to boot.  I seriously need to ride Delirium more.  Its such a great flat, especially at night seeing all the colors of the park fly by at various angles.  

Rain did help in the wooden coaster department.  Got my first taste of Racer in the rain with the re-tracking, and oh boy is it so, so, so goooooood.  For Beast, I knocked off a bucket list item in getting to ride it during a thunderstorm.  2 cells had just enough space to allow the last 2 trains of the night to dispatch, I got LROTN, and it is something out of the RL Stine novel.  Completely insane and awesome.  One of my favorite night rides I've ever had.  Planned on 1-1, but decided on 4-2 instead, which, not only protected me from the rain a bit, but I also got to see the train silhouetted against the 2nd tunnel via lightning, which is the most epic Beast moment ever.  

I also got my first night rides on Orion, and it delivered pretty well.  Good lighting package, and the first drop feels like it takes forever and feels like you're dropping into a big black void.  Also helps that it, Banshee and Bat were hauling a** tonight.  Bat in particular had an extra dose of intensity to it.

Also, also, I miss Vortex.   

• Like 5

I would like to ride Delirium more too but am usually with someone who isn't a big fan of spinning flat rides. Plus even if there's a short line, you're still stuck waiting on the next cycle.

A good lighthearted Haunt attraction would be nice to see. Like something more on the level of Phantom Theatre but in maze form. Certain mazes definitely focus too much on gore. I'm pretty desensitized, so maybe I just find it boring but adding more fake blood and guts doesn't make anything scarier, imo.

• Like 1

^I tend to overestimate Delirium with how I handle flats, but it then turns out Delirium gives a pretty graceful ride for what it is.  I always try to focus on the scenery when it gets to full tilt.  Another weird but fun thing to do is look up the whole ride. 

10 hours ago, DoomPlague said:

I would like to ride Delirium more too but am usually with someone who isn't a big fan of spinning flat rides. Plus even if there's a short line, you're still stuck waiting on the next cycle.

A good lighthearted Haunt attraction would be nice to see. Like something more on the level of Phantom Theatre but in maze form. Certain mazes definitely focus too much on gore. I'm pretty desensitized, so maybe I just find it boring but adding more fake blood and guts doesn't make anything scarier, imo.

My reason is I've had my fair share of the real deal having gone through several surgeries and other similar stuff with my medical condition, and more often than not, I steer clear of that stuff for Haunt attractions and horror movies. I'll go with friends every once in a while just to spend time with them, but otherwise I don't care for it. It isn't anything bad like a trigger, but I normally don't care for that stuff.

For example, I marathon the Ghostbusters movies on the 31st.  I listen to a lot of Halloween inspired orchestral music like Danse Macabre. Etc.

My Haunt visits are usually primarily for night rides on things I normally don't because I usually go for Beast, Diamondback or Banshee as my go-to night rides during the summer.

• Like 1