Flying Ace Ariel Chase new paint job

BoddaH1994

5 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

Drop Tower perhaps?  It doesn`t look like Drop Tower needs a paint job as badly as some other rides.  There are several areas in Snoopy that could use some refreshing.

Even though it was just done in 2014, I think Delirium looks like it needs another repaint worse than Drop Tower.  Maybe it’s just because I liked it’s old paint job better though.

Well, part of that is they have been trying to give each park its own identity, and not have the same corporate identity from park to park.  Case in point, look at the Soak City name for the water parks.  Carowinds water park is now know as Carolina Harbor, Cedar Point Shores at Cedar Point and this year California`s Great America rebranded their water park South Bay Shores.  I wonder how long before Soak City at Kings Island gets its own unique name and theme to tie into the area?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

Well, part of that is they have been trying to give each park its own identity, and not have the same corporate identity from park to park.  Case in point, look at the Soak City name for the water parks.  Carowinds water park is now know as Carolina Harbor, Cedar Point Shores at Cedar Point and this year California`s Great America rebranded their water park South Bay Shores.  I wonder how long before Soak City at Kings Island gets its own unique name and theme to tie into the area?

Remember when they changed our name to Soak City to have the same corporate identity brand...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

It appeared as though they began painting some of the buildings in Planet Snoopy too. Perhaps much of the park will get a coat of paint for next year. 

If the buildings get repainted, I wonder if other parts of Planet Snoopy will be renovated. Some of the color schemes and colored concrete could stand to be removed. Planet Snoopy really does need some love.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

Ugh. Sound like we are stuck with tacky Planet Snoopynick universe if they are repainting. Why won’t they invest in a camp snoopy conversion that would tie into river town, align with their corporate branding and provide an overall better experience. 

Carowinds' Camp Snoopy is actually done very, very well.  If our Planet Snoopy received that kind of detail (along with some much needed shade like Carowinds' got), then we'd be in good shape.  It was actually one of the areas that most surprised me about Carowinds and it kind of became one of my more favorite areas in the park. 

• Like 2

They could still do a camp snoopy upgrade along with having Planet Snoopy. If you remove the old theater and part of picnic grove, you can make that whole area into Camp Snoopy similar to what Michigan's Adventure did. Cedar Point has both Planet Snoopy and Camp Snoopy. I think since KI lost the best kids area award to Dollywood recently, they could try and take the award back with a whole new Camp Snoopy area along with an updated Planet Snoopy. It would also allow them to have a more open walkway to Soak City that isn't hidden as much like the current one. 

• Like 1

I wish Drop Tower would get a completely new scheme, it's looking rather dated with the mostly-original scheme just getting touched up a few times.

Diamondback's track is faded, but the worst part is how bad the yellow lift structure is. It either needs a new coat, or just paint it to match the rest of the structure which hasn't really faded much.

Banshee has faded a lot faster than I expected, and could use some attention. Perhaps darker blue on the structure to limit fading.

BUT... Most of all I want Baynum to make Racer look like new for the 50th anniversary.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

I wish Drop Tower would get a completely new scheme, it's looking rather dated with the mostly-original scheme just getting touched up a few times.

Diamondback's track is faded, but the worst part is how bad the yellow lift structure is. It either needs a new coat, or just paint it to match the rest of the structure which hasn't really faded much.

Banshee has faded a lot faster than I expected, and could use some attention. Perhaps darker blue on the structure to limit fading.

BUT... Most of all I want Baynum to make Racer look like new for the 50th anniversary.

Have you almost forgotten that DB is two different colors? With how the supports have aged, I saw a photo that either one of your staffers or ours took of the model they had at the announcement in 2008 and I was shocked to see that the hill was a different color. They all just look the lighter color to me. 

14 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Have you almost forgotten that DB is two different colors? With how the supports have aged, I saw a photo that either one of your staffers or ours took of the model they had at the announcement in 2008 and I was shocked to see that the hill was a different color. They all just look the lighter color to me. 

Diamondback needs a repaint very badly. It would honestly spruce up Rivertown so much as it dominates that section of Kings Island.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 9:19 PM, CoastersRZ said:

So then what exactly is the identity of Planet Snoopy? Left over, stripped down nick universe? I’d much prefer a well developed “corporate” theme than whatever we have is. 

On 10/19/2021 at 5:20 PM, PKIDelirium said:

Yeah, that bright yellow didn't stay nice and bright for very long. Yellow doesn't seem to survive well at KI, remember Invertigo fading out from fresh paint almost instantly, before the switch to blue?

Also the Diamondback lift supports.