More b&m reliability issues

There is literally nothing in this article which casts Bolliger & Mabillard in a negative light in the slightest.  The ride manufacturer is not responsible for the electrical system within the park.  There is literally nothing that makes this even national news in Japan, much less international news.

Absolutely no assumptions can be made without engineering analysis to say that a ride that opened 14.5 years ago - over 14 years ago!! - has a fault due to the manufacturer vs. maintenance, but again, this is a power supply issue, not a ride issue.  (Source on 2007 opening: RCDB)

We get it, you hate B&M, but you don't need to attack them for everything.  It's immature nonsense.  Seriously, it's nonsense.  The ride stopped safely as designed - no cable failure, no anti-rollback failure, in an emergency situation that was not B&M's fault.  Nobody was hurt.  It's not B&M's responsibility to expediently evacuate riders.  They designed the appropriate procedures and facilities to do that - you can see the lift hill stairs in your article's photos.  The park allegedly took an excessive amount of time to evacuate riders, so any fault lies with them.

Or should I fault GCI for the time I was stuck for ~30 min in "The Shed" on Mystic Timbers when the ride lost power, with a train stuck outside the shed in the summer heat?

What about INTAMIN for the time Maverick's launch hill seemingly lost power, causing a failed attempt and rollback?  The procedure for that isn't pretty because after rolling most of the way down, the LSM motors continued to hold the train in place as brakes, leading the drive wheels leading to the launch to have to fight (slipping heavily) to get the train off the motors for a second attempt.  The sound of the rubber drive tires slipping like hell against the bottom of the train was very disconcerning.  Yet it worked and the train launched successfully on that second attempt and every other time I've been on the ride since 2007.  But hey, INTAMIN is infallible and B&M is rubbish, right?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Let's look at TTD right now. SBNO 

Skyrush just opened near the end of last month while SBNO all summer. 

Yes, they are awesome machines that push the envelope more than B&M. We understand and get your bias. Trying to throw shade at B&M every chance you get...

Thanks for sharing the article, I don't know about anyone else, but knowing that parks in other countries experiences the same power issues as us is nice to know.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

we should all agree

No, we shouldn't.  You want people to agree with you, and your views will not change regardless of any concrete evidence presented to you.  You just have this irrational hatred of B&M that is extremely troubling.

Who has been seriously injured by a B&M ride, not through their own negligence, in recent history?  By all accounts, the rider who trespassed over multiple fences warning of DANGER, instructing DO NOT ENTER, into a low zone on Raptor was responsible for that tragic incident; it wasn't a failure of park or manufacturer.

On the other hand, @IndyGuy4KI notes what is at best a serious, devastating injury suffered at Top Thrill Dragster this season from a failure that should not have been possible.  We pray she does recover from that.  Even that incident, we have no evidence at this time to fault the manufacturer (INTAMIN, in that case).

• Like 6

On 10/23/2021 at 1:19 PM, coaster sally said:

Over the last couple years b&m has has more reliability issues we should all agree with such as:

Valravyn accident 

GateKeeper chain lift

Tatsu being sbno 

Nitro restraints

Used to there was little to no issues.

*There used to be little to no issues that were publicized like they are today.

As the amount of B & M rides increase so does the opportunity of a ride malfunctioning.

• Like 3

@coaster sally why do you keep going on about your issues with B&M when you know by now your hack arguments are basically being thrown at a brick wall with how much other members accurately call you out?  You also just leave it at your statements and never back up your arguments beyond the initial statements or using confused emoji reactions like you're butt hurt by things you can't counterargument against.  

What are you trying to accomplish? 

• Like 3

On our trip to Cedar Point I noticed alot of rides going down.  Raptor, Valravyn was down several times, Millennium Force, Steel Vengeance Gate Keeper was down off and on during the day.  Wind Seeker didn't operate as well as Max Air.  Not to mention other non-key rides going down as well.  Seems like Kings Island I can count on most everything running most of the day.  Kings Island has a much more reliable ride line up in my book.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

@coaster sally why do you keep going on about your issues with B&M when you know by now your hack arguments are basically being thrown at a brick wall with how much other members accurately call you out?  You also just leave it at your statements and never back up your arguments beyond the initial statements or using confused emoji reactions like you're butt hurt by things you can't counterargument against.  

What are you trying to accomplish? 

I linked an article.  I also said more b&m's have been down more in the last couple years than in previous and listed some not all which are factual statements.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

^Nope, you need to do better than that.  You clearly have an anti-B&M bias that doesn't fly around here because that's literally all you post and you never present any of your own opinions.  Its about your post history, not this single article.  You're a borderline troll at this point.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, coaster sally said:

I linked an article.

Please point us to that "linked article" that even just implies a B&M defect as it's clearly not in this thread.  The one in your OP is about a power outage which is a local issue in a foreign country.  It has nothing to do with B&M.  It's not even relevant to most people in Japan, let alone internationally.

• Like 3