Yes, Drop Tower is getting painted

BoddaH1994

3 minutes ago, Browntggrr said:

I guess it makes the most sense to use the gondola to reach the areas that need painted and whoever is doing the painting have some grandes bolas......

spacer.png

When I saw that I had an “ohhhhhhh” moment. I had imagined they’d repel down but this make all the sense in the world. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CoastersRZ said:

So does it get repainted the same color or does it acquire the paint scheme that California`s Great America`s Drop Tower recently received?

I'm curious about that as well. I don't think it would be the same paint scheme as the Great America tower. I think that one is supposed to resemble a California Redwood tree, which wouldn't really make sense in Ohio.

I hope they at least get rid of the checkered pattern on ours, given that it's no longer a recurring theme throughout Action Zone.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

Yes.  Keep in mind they did resurface the accessible lot by the front gate a few years back.  Eventually, they will need to resurface portions of the parking lot, otherwise, it will deteriorate into just gravel.

Don't go to Kings Dominion if you're wondering about black top. They've allowed that parking lot to deteriorate into gravel. 

Glad a lot of rides are getting TLC. Something about faded paint jobs look bad to me. I like everything looking fresh.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 9:14 AM, CoastersRZ said:

So does it get repainted the same color or does it acquire the paint scheme that California`s Great America`s Drop Tower recently received?

I wouldn't mind that. It would fit in well with Delirium's paint scheme. I just hope whatever it is it gets a new darker color scheme that fits in with the area more and removes the checker board patterns.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

Drove by today and I saw a bunch of yellow covering DT and then some green at the bottom. Is the "yellow" primer or new paint (I'm assuming the green is the old paint?)?

I honestly thought the top looked yellow when I drove by Kings Island this morning, but in the evening it looked white. I assume that it looked yellow with the way the sun was shining. If the top was yellow, I assume it is new paint based on previous updates with white primer, and I think the green is definitely old paint. I think Kings Island is going to put primer on the whole tower before giving it whatever color scheme they are planning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1