What would you like to see come back to The Beast.

RedRacer76

6 hours ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

My assumption is the licensing agreement expired.

Music licensing agreements go through ASCAP or BMI for nonmobile entities like KI, bars, restaurants etc.  The agreement would be for the entire KI property and covers such things like: DJs, queue music, music used in shows, commercials playing on TV in the park, jukeboxes etc.

I have always considered ASCAP & BMI a total ripoff.  If a commercial is on TV & has music why would the entity that has the TV and is paying for service get hit again with additional cost for a commercial that paid to use the music??  Or why does the entity that has a DJ have to pay a fee & also pay the DJ who paid for the music??

Ok rant over.....:)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

My assumption is the licensing agreement expired.

Over Time the speakers either wear out or tech services doesn't know its turning down. For the 40th anniversary the sound was back just as loud, but over the subsequent two years it got quieter until now where it is barely audible. 

That being said our maintenance teams are very efficient and I'm willing to bet that it will be back up to audible range this year as whatever level audio the speakers are playing is the same level audio as our announcements from the control booth come out.

8 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Sigh...I miss walking by the KCKC lift when queueing for Beast. 

I still can vividly recall the "jingling" sound of KCKC's conveyor lift and the recording that played redundantly... 

"Please remain seated throughout your ride, Thank you.",  "Please remain seated throughout your ride, Thank you.",  "Please remain seated throughout your ride, Thank you.",  "Please remain seated throughout your ride, Thank you.",  "Please remain seated throughout your ride, Thank you.",  "Please remain seated throughout your ride, Thank you.",  "Please remain seated throughout your ride, Thank you."...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Yikes!  That is not visually pleasing (at least to me).  Glad some things are in the past.  

Maybe not, but there's been worse.  

There used to be a swimming pool display in The Beast's plaza for a time in the late 1980's - early 1990's.  It was an above-ground pool... fully assembled and filled, re-circulating... and it was white.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Yikes!  That is not visually pleasing (at least to me).  Glad some things are in the past.  

agreed. While it may have provided nice cool mist, I just feel like that structure doesn't fit Rivertown and it definitely screams something Paramount would do (which they did). Now, if they brought this concept back, but made it rustic/country looking then I would be okay with it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

Maybe not, but there's been worse.  

There used to be a swimming pool display in The Beast's plaza for a time in the late 1980's - early 1990's.  It was an above-ground pool... fully assembled and filled, re-circulating... and it was white.

Oh my; how random! :blink: I wonder if anyone tried to get in it...

21 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Agree. Last thing we need by The Beast is more random, un themed crap like this, the guess your weight thing or the massive soccer game. That area really needs to be cleaned up, not cluttered more. 

• Like 1

I don't want to see them get rid of those on the top. Cool to see! I really think that it kind of sets in stone how much of a backyard-etch coaster this is. The guests love the ride and the park loves the ride. I'm sure some of those are melted onto the steel too from the summer heat waves.