Jump to content

What would you like to see come back to The Beast.


RedRacer76
 Share

Recommended Posts

As the season just wrapped up The Beast Crew and I have been talking about old things that used to be on The Beast that we would like to see make a comeback.  We looked at the original music that played on the first lift and the backstory signs near the entrance. I'm interested in what you guys would want to see back at The Beast.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I would be happy with some track work like The Racer received. As a bonus they could reprofile some of those turns and final helix to push those g's a little bit more.

I could definitely see that for the future. My guess is they'll finish Racer first. As far as the helix goes I saw some markers there the last weekend of operation and my guess is it's getting a bit of tlc. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would love to see the exit/Fast Lane entrance rerouted back to where it was and would also allow for an expanded Beast plaza. Maybe even move the entrance back to where it was before and reopen the old mining shop as well (red building to the right of the entrance). Didn't they also use to have a pretzel stand where the current entrance is? If so, I'd love to see them bring that back. I know this isn't too likely, but I'd love to see them get the old water mill to work again and just have a small lake under the water mill. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Melt at CP had a bunch of the old "you must be this tall to ride this ride" signs around the restaurant.  The ones that played up to the them of the ride and were personalized for each ride, rather than a generic "48" marker or whatever height is required.  Used to be great as a kid when you could stand next to them eager for when you finally reached the height of whatever character was marking the requirement.  I'd love to see those come back to not only The Beast, but many other rides as well.  Doesn't have to be similar to the original ones, but something more creative and fun.

Specifically to The Beast, other than some TLC, I'd love to see the water mill work again, at least in some capacity.  I also wouldn't mind having its neighbor back as well.  Ol' lady was rough (or was it just me) but she was still a site to behold even when they buried her in the ground.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, medford said:

Melt at CP had a bunch of the old "you must be this tall to ride this ride" signs around the restaurant.  The ones that played up to the them of the ride and were personalized for each ride, rather than a generic "48" marker or whatever height is required.  Used to be great as a kid when you could stand next to them eager for when you finally reached the height of whatever character was marking the requirement.  I'd love to see those come back to not only The Beast, but many other rides as well.  Doesn't have to be similar to the original ones, but something more creative and fun.

Specifically to The Beast, other than some TLC, I'd love to see the water mill work again, at least in some capacity.  I also wouldn't mind having its neighbor back as well.  Ol' lady was rough (or was it just me) but she was still a site to behold even when they buried her in the ground.

I think some old school charm could really go a long way. While the lake will never return I think they could find a way to get the old water chute to work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

How about the return of no seat belt, no middle divider, and buzz bars LOL.

Unfortunately it seems Cedar Fair is too big for that to happen. I sadly never got to experience the og trains. Luckily the ride has no airtime so we're not missing out on too much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I echo what others have said.  The Fastlane needs re worked so as not to share a majority of it with the exit line.  The exit path is not very wide and can get congested especially if there is a rider going up the exit for alternate access in a wheel chair.

I would like to see more trees by the turn out of the station.  It still seems weird to be able to see most of The Beast`s station from by Shake, Rattle and Roll.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2021 at 6:28 PM, RedRacer76 said:

Yeah that looked cool but apparently guests loved throwing trash in it and there was lots of bugs around the water constantly.

It would require a concrete basin to have clean water  and high and tight mesh fencing  on the queue and exit to stop the trash.   People are pigs as proven by the brake run roof by the lift hill.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Return of the woods that have been cut down.   Especially around the station. The station used to feel isolated.    Orion also did a lot of damage to the wooded feel.  
 

I agree it looked great with the water. 
 

Repair of the holes in the tunnel walls so they are total darkness.  This is an easy fix. 
 

Elimination of the blinding spotlights on the lift hills.  The 2nd one lights up the woods too much.  These are probably there because people can’t behave.  
 

Not a return, but they should add another long tunnel  at the end of the first segment.  The train is accelerating there and that would be exciting.  The tunnels are the best part of the ride.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2021 at 9:40 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

Surely there is away to filter the water. Maverick has water around its queue. I think the ultimate reason behind its removal was for for maintenance access. 

*I believe* the water is pumped in/ out daily from Sandusky Bay for all of CP's water rides including Maverick's lake.

Beast lake was removed for a few reasons: garbage, urine, breeding ground for mosquitos etc.  Maintenance certainly became an easier task without the lake, but had minimal impact compared to the other reasons.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 11/5/2021 at 2:32 AM, super7 said:

Return of the woods that have been cut down.   Especially around the station. The station used to feel isolated.    Orion also did a lot of damage to the wooded feel.  
 

I agree it looked great with the water. 
 

Repair of the holes in the tunnel walls so they are total darkness.  This is an easy fix. 
 

Elimination of the blinding spotlights on the lift hills.  The 2nd one lights up the woods too much.  These are probably there because people can’t behave.  
 

Not a return, but they should add another long tunnel  at the end of the first segment.  The train is accelerating there and that would be exciting.  The tunnels are the best part of the ride.  

The Lights on the lift hills have to be on there In case of a need for an evacuation of the ride at night time. Its also there so the cameras are able to see everything that is happening on that lift whether it be guests misbehaving or the chain lift acting weird. Hope this answers why the Lights are on the lift hills.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, AEmoore said:

The Lights on the lift hills have to be on there In case of a need for an evacuation of the ride at night time. Its also there so the cameras are able to see everything that is happening on that lift whether it be guests misbehaving or the chain lift acting weird. Hope this answers why the Lights are on the lift hills.

There are other ways to light light hills. See:  pretty much every coaster that doesn’t have blinding flood lights on their lift hills. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

There are other ways to light light hills. See:  pretty much every coaster that doesn’t have blinding flood lights on their lift hills. 

Yes, however those would just light up the woods more. Plus, In my opinion the blinding flood lights make the experience better because everything is just that much darker as your eyes adjust

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, AEmoore said:

Yes, however those would just light up the woods more. Plus, In my opinion the blinding flood lights make the experience better because everything is just that much darker as your eyes adjust

 

So focused down lights at a low level, linked into the safety system that in the event of an Estop go to full bright, along with pole mounted floods that turn on in the event of an evac, combined with infrared or low light cameras that can pick up what’s happening in the dark are outside the realm of what’s possible in this day and age? Many things are possible with money and investment (but I do have to agree, the blinding light makes what comes after darker-just wish it had more “purpose” like have two that look like eyes staring you down?) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Coasterteam said:

What ever did happen to the audio on the first lift?

I personally thought it was a bit pointless since it was barely audible and the warning was just slapped on top of it. Unlike mystic, it was just a loop that didn’t “build” to anything.  I wish they would “score” the entire ride with off board (on board is tricky and adds lots of weight) audio if they are going to do anything, but the “roar” of the track would pretty much drown out anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

So focused down lights at a low level, linked into the safety system that in the event of an Estop go to full bright, along with pole mounted floods that turn on in the event of an evac, combined with infrared or low light cameras that can pick up what’s happening in the dark are outside the realm of what’s possible in this day and age? Many things are possible with money and investment (but I do have to agree, the blinding light makes what comes after darker-just wish it had more “purpose” like have two that look like eyes staring you down?) 

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.  I think the floodlights do serve to "blind" you to what follows and my imagination has led to Beast eyes staring me down.  I think the floods serve the same purpose as the flood in the transfer track shed on Mystic Timbers.

56 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

I personally thought it was a bit pointless since it was barely audible and the warning was just slapped on top of it. Unlike mystic, it was just a loop that didn’t “build” to anything.  I wish they would “score” the entire ride with off board (on board is tricky and adds lots of weight) audio if they are going to do anything, but the “roar” of the track would pretty much drown out anything. 

The second lift hill still has the music, but it is barely audible.  I do disagree with you about the first lift hill--the music added quite a bit and the "growling" at the top was great.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

The second lift hill still has the music, but it is barely audible.  I do disagree with you about the first lift hill--the music added quite a bit and the "growling" at the top was great.  

I agree... I enjoyed the added effect of the music on the first lift (and growl.)

It was originally added to "Paramountize" the ride - to give it more of an "movie experience" feel.  After CF purchased KI, I was pleasantly surprised that it was one of the hold-overs.  Of course as time passed... it disappeared.  I kind of chalked it up as probably one of those "CF didnt renew the rights to the music..." things.  (I have no idea how that stuff works as ownerships transfer.)

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

I agree... I enjoyed the added effect of the music on the first lift (and growl.)

It was originally added to "Paramountize" the ride - to give it more of an "movie experience" feel.  After CF purchased KI, I was pleasantly surprised that it was one of the hold-overs.  Of course as time passed... it disappeared.  I kind of chalked it up as probably one of those "CF didnt renew the rights to the music..." things.  (I have no idea how that stuff works as ownerships transfer.)

 

Let those days not be forgotten.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...