Kings Island Unveils special 50th Anniversary Celebration Logo

On 11/3/2021 at 8:49 AM, beastfan11 said:

Yeah, I’ll echo these sentiments about the 50th logo. That is some Microsoft Paint level design work. I’m not trying to be rude, but… yeah. From a professional stand point it might’ve been a good idea to throw a few more bills if this is going to be prominently featured. 

Glad to hear about The Racer, though. This would be the time for that OG paint scheme!

Agree. It’s just not that good. New font, old font, whatever. It’s bad design. 

On 11/3/2021 at 3:38 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Wow some of you are so hateful to those who spent all that time designing this. While I do agree the logo could've been a little better, I think they did an excellent job with it. They worked really hard on this logo and I think we should settle down and appreciate it. This is giving me flashbacks to the Orion announcement and to when the blueprints got leaked. 

They got paid to do a job. It’s not like it was a community service project that they donated their time for (hopefully) so no, I don’t feel the need to cut slack. It’s bad design. The designers might have had their hands tied by higher ups, so then it’s their fault as well, but at some level, someone decided this was “good enough” and that’s what it looks like. And no, I’ve not been paid by the park to design a logo, so I’m not going to waste time coming up with “what I would’ve done”. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2021 at 8:12 PM, CoastersRZ said:

The park confirms seven rides will be painted for next season:

• Eiffel Tower
  • The Racer
  • Race For Your Life Charlie Brown
  • Adventure Express
  • Backlot Stunt Coaster
  • Drop Tower
  • Flying Ace Aerial Chase

Why are they neglecting Banshee???  That girl was looking faded AF during my last visit in September.  It was the only place in the park I noticed fading paint, probably because she’s so prominent from EVERYWHERE in the park. Come on, KI! Give our BEAUTIFUL, UNIQUE, STUNNING monolithic Swiss masterpiece the vibrant refresh she desperately  needs. 

Also, did Orion’s plot ever get any grass or ground cover? Any landscaping at all?  Concrete and patchy weeds aren’t a good look for showing off a brand new major attraction. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amapan said:

Why are they neglecting Banshee???  That girl was looking faded AF during my last visit in September.  It was the only place in the park I noticed fading paint, probably because she’s so prominent from EVERYWHERE in the park. Come on, KI! Give our BEAUTIFUL, UNIQUE, STUNNING monolithic Swiss masterpiece the vibrant refresh she desperately  needs. 

Also, did Orion’s plot ever get any grass or ground cover? Any landscaping at all?  Concrete and patchy weeds aren’t a good look for showing off a brand new major attraction. 

And it looks like they gave up on the mist on the sign this year as well for Banshee. Lighting is either not working or needs to be reprogrammed to its fuschia, purple fade cycle as a lot is flashing red or green. The station flickering lights in the chandeliers have been replaced by plain white lights etc etc.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, brenthodge said:

Lighting is either not working or needs to be reprogrammed to its fuschia, purple fade cycle as a lot is flashing red or green.

That is very unfortunate:( I honestly don’t remember what Banshee looks like at night. The lights on WindSeeker and Orion are mesmerizing.  And haunt nights have amazing lighting as well. Not sure how much it costs to do a lighting package on a large attraction like Orion, but could you imagine if all the “skyline” rides had something similar??? It would be breathtaking.  

Honestly they should upgrade the lighting on Banshee period. The lift maintenance lights don't even work some. They took away the old LED movers they had in the queue (Idk if there is a specific reason or not). They do keep the SOB flame going though which is good imo. I just hope they eventually fix up the lighting on it and bring it back to how it was when the ride opened. Maybe even add an LED strip like on Orion, but purple. Raptor has one. Hopefully Orion's light package doesn't eventually go the way of Banshee's down the road. 

• Like 1