Dollywood new coaster site plans approved

Very exciting.  Dollywood is a fantastic park.  It is the only park besides Kings Island where I have had a season pass.  I will be going down there in about a month and taking my kids, parents, and in laws.  We can`t wait.

It looks like that site plan is for the Wildwood Grove area of the park.  Exciting to see the expansion.  Dollywood has really expanded a lot these last several years.  I remember my first visit before Wild Eagle, FireChaser Express, and Lightning Rod were at the park.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, KIBeast said:

Appears to be a significant plot of land. Anyone thinking hypercoaster? Any rumors as to what is being built? 

The plans are shown on the news website linked earlier in the thread.  It appears to be a multi-launch coaster.  You can find no limits creations based on the plans on YouTube.

But it’s only around 60 or 70 feet tall if I remember correctly, and the park stated in the planning permission requests that it would be a family coaster.  So do not expect anything too crazy.

Not enough details to figure out manufacturer, or type of train.  I am kinda hoping for a Mack spinner like Time Traveler.  But the layout looks more like an Intamin motorbike.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kenban said:

The plans are shown on the news website linked earlier in the thread.  It appears to be a multi-launch coaster.  You can find no limits creations based on the plans on YouTube.

But it’s only around 60 or 70 feet tall if I remember correctly, and the park stated in the planning permission requests that it would be a family coaster.  So do not expect anything too crazy.

Not enough details to figure out manufacturer, or type of train.  I am kinda hoping for a Mack spinner like Time Traveler.  But the layout looks more like an Intamin motorbike.

After posting this, I went over to screamscape where I did find a no limits animation about the possible launch coaster. I think a launched family coaster would be a good fit, or even a Mack spinner. Appreciate your information, thoughts and input.

I really get the feeling this will be the family launch coaster Zamperla introduced but normal launch and no turntable.   At first I was a bit sad at that thought but then remembered Busch Gardens went with Zierer for Verbolten.  Allows more money for theming which I think this will have a fair amount.  Plus they have the multiple train types which I think they'll go with the Hargrid's knock off moto-coaster with side car style.