Cedar Point to remove Frontiertown Antique Cars

The big rumor it is for the new chef inspired restaurant coming to Frontier Town next year as told in this article: https://ir.cedarfair.com/news/news-details/2021/Cedar-Fair-Unveils-Exciting-Plans-for-2022-Operating-Season-Including-Upgraded-Safari-Village-Area-at-Kings-Dominion-50th-Anniversary-Celebration-at-Kings-Island-Fun-Filled-Seasonal-Events-and-Upgraded-Lodging-and-Dining-Venues/default.aspx

This is a decent sized plot for a nice restaurant. Maybe it'll have indoor seating with a show stage like Carowinds' Harmony Hall? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The big rumor it is for the new chef inspired restaurant coming to Frontier Town next year as told in this article: https://ir.cedarfair.com/news/news-details/2021/Cedar-Fair-Unveils-Exciting-Plans-for-2022-Operating-Season-Including-Upgraded-Safari-Village-Area-at-Kings-Dominion-50th-Anniversary-Celebration-at-Kings-Island-Fun-Filled-Seasonal-Events-and-Upgraded-Lodging-and-Dining-Venues/default.aspx

This is a decent sized plot for a nice restaurant. Maybe it'll have indoor seating with a show stage like Carowinds' Harmony Hall? 

It seems quite clear that this plot of land is where the restaurant is going rather than razing and rebuilding Miss Keat's thru Palace Theater, *sigh*.  They seem to be very clearly grading out a rectangular plot of land on the Antique Cars site, per aerial footage from WJW Fox 8 out of Cleveland.  I'm personally not seeing why this needs to be a new restaurant with a new building where a family-friendly ride once stood, when there's plenty of space right there with some outdated buildings on it.

image.png

• Like 1

I actually hate seeing this just for personal reasons.  This was the first antique car ride my kids rode. I took them to Cedar Point for their first visit in 2018. Kings Island did not have them yet, and they thought they were so cool. I think we rode them 4-5 times.  As I was riding them, I thought KI really needs these back because the kids love the driving them.

• Like 3