RWS Entertainment buys Cincinnati’s JRA

Jack Rouse was originally involved with live shows at Kings Island during the Taft and later Kings Entertainment Co (KECO) days.  Many of the original staff members at JRA were former KI live entertainment people.  The original Bubba Gump Shrimp Co concept was also developed by JRA, and I believe they did the concept work for Winterfest in 2005.  JRA is based in Cincinnati, about a block from where my current office is.  In fact, about six years ago, I was "loaned" to them for about a week from my current place of employment because they were swamped with a project.  I assisted on a water coaster overseas.

I am sure there are other connections as well.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

Jack Rouse was originally involved with live shows at Kings Island during the Taft and later Kings Entertainment Co (KECO) days.  Many of the original staff members at JRA were former KI live entertainment people.  The original Bubba Gump Shrimp Co concept was also developed by JRA, and I believe they did the concept work for Winterfest in 2005.  JRA is based in Cincinnati, about a block from where my current office is.  In fact, about six years ago, I was "loaned" to them for about a week from my current place of employment because they were swamped with a project.  I assisted on a water coaster overseas.

I am sure there are other connections as well.

Plus RWS does the casting got most Winterfest shows.

Jack Rouse, whose namesake is on the company, was the first entertainment director at KI. He leaned in heavily in the early stages of the park to get a “real” theater. That’s one reasons why we have the KI Theater today. That’s just one fun fact in a long list of Jack’s contributions. 

Keith James the current (former?) owner is also a former KI guy who was in a similar position as Jack Rouse. 

• Like 1