The Beast Retrack Work

JimParker85

2 hours ago, medford said:

Seems like we have this debate every offseason now.

1) its not illegal to fly a drone (or a plane) over KI, as KI doesn't own the air space.  I believe this point has been put to rest multiple times.

2) KI does not want drones flying over their property, even during off hours to limit any work leaking out to the public before they desire.

3) KI does not want KI Central to allow any posts or links (?) to site of said drone or photo evidence of things going on in the park that have not been made public by KI.

4) KI Central has agreed to this request from KI

Points 1-3 are I believe fact and not up for debate.

Point 4, if the choice of those who run and manage this site, while you may or may not agree to their choice, unless you own or run this site then you get very little say in the decision.

5) Can we just pin this information somewhere to point to the next time this debate comes up?

Let me correct a few things for you:

1) its not illegal to fly a drone (or a plane) over KI, as KI doesn't own the air space.  I believe this point has been put to rest multiple times.

2) KI does not want drones flying over their property, even during off hours to protect guests and employees that are below said drone. If there is a drone accident someone could be seriously hurt or worse.   

3) KI has respectfully requested KICentral not promote drone footage and encourage their use due to point #2

4) KI Central admin agreed to this request from KI and KIC admin made an update to the TOS.

Side Notes:

There may be some drone operators that are highly trained and very skilled at flying a drone. The concern (for me at least) are those that are going to risk safety by getting to close to things to get the perfect shot to share. Then you have those that decide to spend the money on a drone and do not know what they are doing at all, and could be potentially putting peoples lives at risk. All so they can share a photo others have not seen on social media?

The KIC admin (and I would hope all of its members) would want safety to be at the forefront of its decisions. Just like we want to know KI is doing everything they can to promote a safe environment while at the park. Even if it is not illegal or against their personal thoughts on the matter. Not everything has to be illegal to do what is right.

• Like 2

As someone once said here (forget who but I think I remember LOL), if the park gives the public these kinds of shots and video early, then it takes away the incentive/motivation for some maverick to take it upon themselves to go send a drone up and get video.

As we know it won't stop all as the park puts out great POVs, yet people still insist on getting their phones out anyway.  But it may stop some.

• Thanks 2