KI OPENING DAY 2022

RedSummit20

50 minutes ago, DoomPlague said:

I don't think I've done a passholder preview. What are those days like? Are a lot of rides closed? Crowds?

Usually all of the rides are open. However, crowds can be pretty bad and operations can be slower than usual since associates are still training at that point.  

• Like 1

I'm curious as to how busy it'll be on preview day. Mainly because of it's placement this season. Not in May nor on a weekend as well as closing earlier. 

Gonna try and make it down there on opening day (not the passholder preview day, don't think I'll be able to make it) mainly so I can ride Beast with all those new changes (likely will get a FLP so I can lap it). 

I usually go solo, so if you find a red-head lapping beast over and over, it's probably me. 

Passholder preview was on Good Friday in 2014 and the park was slammed (it was also Banshee opening).  It was scheduled for Good Friday in 2020 and Covid put an end to that.

But in years past when they opened in April and it wasn't Good Friday, they were open 5pm to 10pm, it was pretty crowded as well.

Ever since they opened it to all passholders instead of being an incentive for early renewal it has been packed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Passholder preview was on Good Friday in 2014 and the park was slammed (it was also Banshee opening).  It was scheduled for Good Friday in 2020 and Covid put an end to that.

But in years past when they opened in April and it wasn't Good Friday, they were open 5pm to 10pm, it was pretty crowded as well.

Ever since they opened it to all passholders instead of being an incentive for early renewal it has been packed.

either way hopefully not as packed as last passholder preview, that was horrible

Yeah the 12-7 hours will be interesting to see how that plays out.  If it wasn't Good Friday, it may have kept the lines down some, but a lot of people are off, so it could be packed.  Maybe the reduced hours will keep some people away, or it may mean everyone converges for the 7 hours.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Pass preview for Mystic was good Friday in 2017 and it was very crowded! Mystic's line was 4 and a half hours! The one thing I remind people is pass preview day is a "dress rehearsal" and it is the worker's first time working for guests that day so patience is very necessary. Same with all of opening weekend. 

I can attest to this! That night was the busiest I have ever seen the park (and I've been to Haunt on a Saturday night!). I was actually nervous due to the crowds (pre-COVID, crowded spaces didn't normally bother me a ton). IIRC, I described it as being "Disney crowded" (I've never been inside any of the Disney parks, but I've seen pictures of the massive crowds!). That being said, I had a good time, despite only riding two rides (The Bat and Mystic)- the 2.5 hour wait for Mystic Timbers was totally worth it! B) Also, it was so cool how the line started in view of Slaughterhouse, went into the Crypt (Tomb Raider) building and snaked across Rivertown before ending up in the "actual" queue line.

• Like 1